FG lifts ban on Mercy Corps, Action Against Hunger

FG lifts ban on Mercy Corps, Action Against Hunger

- The ban on Mercy Corps and Action Against Hunger has been lifted

- Both organisations had been shut down by the federal government over allegations that they were aiding Boko Haram

- Soldiers had sealed off their premises

The federal government on Wednesday, October 30, temporarily lifted the ban on two humanitarian organisations operating in the northeast, Mercy Corps and Action Against Hunger.

Minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq, made this known on Wednesday, October 30, in Abuja.

She said that all measures must be in place to support the government's effort at ending terrorism in the northeast.

“The suspension of the two international humanitarian organisations - Mercy Corps and Action Against Hunger is temporarily lifted.

“The concerns and recommendations of the board of inquiry will continue to receive attention and scrutiny to address the issues raised and comply,” she said.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that the Nigerian Army sealed off the office of a non-governmental organisation, Action Against Hunger for allegedly helping Bok Haram terrorists.

Onitsha-Owerri road now death trap - Group

The soldiers sealed off the premise in Damaturu, Yobe state on Thursday, September 19. The Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole (TC-OPLD) of Nigerian Army accused the non-governmental organisation of sabotaging its counter-insurgency operations in the northeast.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

The deputy director, army public relations, Colonel Ado Isa, disclosed this in a statement. Isa said that the theatre command had observed with concern the notorious activities of some NGOs working in the northeast Nigeria.

Five days after the Nigerian Army sealed off the office of a non-governmental organisation, Action Against Hunger, the offices of another aid group, Mercy Corps, in the northeast was closed.

The organisation made this known on Wednesday, September 25.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | Legit TV

Group to FG: There should be tougher measures to combat sexual embarrassments

Source: Legit

Hot:
Mailfire view pixel