Have you heard about the release of the Motorola One Zoom? The gadget has one of the best cameras, a powerful CPU, a long battery life, and a big display. Discover the full range of its specs to decide whether it is a good investment.
The Motorola brand released its new gadget in September 2019. The price of the new phone is $450 (about N162,225).
Is the new gadget worth buying?
Motorola One Zoom overview
It is quite important for people to learn the cons and pros of a gadget before buying it.
- Large display
- High-grade CPU
- Good quality display
- Long battery life
- Extremely high-grade front camera
- Optical camera zoom
- High screen-to-body ratio (84.6%)
- The mid-range Snapdragon 675 processor
Motorola One Zoom specs
- Release date: September 2019
- Screen size: 6.39 inches
- Screen type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Weight: 190 grams
- Motorola One Zoom colors: Electric Gray, Cosmic Purple, Brushed Bronze
- OS: Android 9.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675
- Main camera: 48MP (primary), 16MP (ultra-wide), 8MP (telephoto), 5MP depth sensor
- Selfie camera: 25MP
- Processor: Octa-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB with a possibility of expansion via a microSD card up to 512GB
- 4G LTE: Yes
- Motorola One Zoom accessories: a TurboPower charger, a USB-C cable
- Bonus features: an under-display fingerprint sensor, the face unlock feature, an accelerometer, a compass, a gyroscope, a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor, an FM radio
What hardware features does the phone have?
The phone has rounded edges and a 6,000 series polished aluminum frame. It measures 158 x 75 x 8.8 mm. The handset is comfortable to hold since its weight is only 190 grams.
It comes with elegant satin glass on the back, which has a brushed metal effect and matte finish. On the rear side of the smartphone, you can see the huge camera module. It houses four lenses, the Batwing logo, and a dual-LED flash. At the top of the gadget, you will find a SIM card slot and a mono speaker.
At the bottom, you can see a USB-C port and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The phone comes with a 6.4-inch Max Vision OLED capacitive touchscreen with a U-notch display and a fingerprint reader. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
The front side of the phone features the 2.5D Panda King Glass protection technology. The rear side comes with the 3G Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Processor, storage & performance
The handset comes with a mid-range Snapdragon 675 processor. The Motorola One Zoom has 4GB of RAM. Its internal storage capacity is 128GB.
It is an excellent choice if you like to record videos, take a lot of pictures, and install various applications and games on your device. The phone is compatible with microSD cards. Thus, you can freely expand storage capacity.
Motorola One Zoom battery life
The phone has a battery capacity of 4,000mAh which allows you to use the gadget for about two days of moderate use. It will take you about an hour and a half to recharge the device using a 15W fast charger that comes in the box.
Speaker & call quality
The gadget comes with three microphones. It has got the mono speaker at the top and a built-in 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom.
What software features does the phone offer?
OS & features
The phone runs on the Android 9.0 operating system. If you already have a gadget running on this OS, you might wonder when Motorola will upgrade its devices to the Android 10 OS. The company announced that the software update is expected to land in November or December.
Thus, in the nearest future, we will get the possibility to experience all the advantages of the Motorola One Zoom Android 10 OS.
The phone offers a range of Moto Actions:
- Screen off media control with volume keys
- Three-finger screenshot and screenshot editor
- One button navigation
- Chop twice for flashlight
- Twist for quick capture
- Swipe to shrink the screen
- Pick up to stop ringing
- Flip for do not disturb
The connectivity options of the handset include:
- 4G LTE
Motorola One Zoom camera review, video, and image quality
The phone has two types of cameras:
- The front 25MP camera for selfies
- The rear 4-lenses camera module.
The module consists of:
- A 16MP ultra-wide lens (with an f/2.2 aperture)
- A 48MP primary camera (features optical image stabilization, an f/1.7 aperture, and quad pixel technology)
- A 5MP depth sensor
- An 8MP telephoto (with 3x optical zoom, an f/2.4 aperture, and OIS)
These cameras will allow you to take photos of pretty high quality. Moreover, the device offers the Night Vision mode. Thus, you can shoot detailed pictures even when it is dark outside. Have a look at the pictures:
Look at this cute sleeping cat! The camera perfectly captures the animal's fur.
The camera perfectly takes detailed pictures.
How do you like this landscape?
Motorola One Zoom review
Since the phone is already in the market, you can find many people who have tried the gadget in action. Here is what they say about the phone on YouTube:
- Hannon: Motorola is really on a roll, a solid phone. I wish it came on Android One, as Moto's track record of updates is so so.
- Sebastian: One Of VERY Few Decent Motorola Phones Yet...And A Very Nice Design[Apart From Notch.... Which Is Comparatively Not As Bad As The Stand Notch Monstrosity]... Especially The Absolutely Splendid 6.4 Inch Display...
- Marlboro Blast: That rear camera design looks very good than the iphone 11 and the pixel 4 ones
- Deepanshu: I feel moto one zoom is the best smartphone of 2019 even better than iphone 11 pro The design is superb Display camera and pure android with Moto features.
- Goran Petrovic: Nice phone. Well done back, probably the best done back of the phone in 2019.
In general, the specs of the phone are great. There are a few gadgets with flagship-level hardware that can become the competitors of the Moto handset:
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. It comes with a Snapdragon 855 chipset, 6GB of RAM, and a 6.39-inch AMOLED display.
- Realme X2 Pro. The phone comes with a 64MP primary camera. It runs on Android 9.0. It has a battery capacity of 4,000mAh, 6 GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage capacity.
- Oppo Reno2. The phone runs on the Android 9.0 operating system. It has ample storage (125GB) and battery (4,000mAh) capacity. It also has supports fast charging.
In general, the handset is an excellent gadget. It offers a great value at its price. However, many phones offer better cameras and hardware quality at the same or lower price. Moreover, its cost is too high for many people.
The Motorola One Zoom is not the most powerful phone at its price. A long battery life, a TurboPower charger, stock UI, a large display, 4GB of RAM, and the ability to shoot images of excellent quality make this device an excellent choice for photo-focused smartphone buyers.