The brand new Lenovo K10 Note is a phone that people took a quick interest in when it launched. It has a very stylish design and great functionality. What are some of the best Lenovo K10 Note features, and why is it worth buying?
Lenovo K10 Note was launched in September 2019. It quickly became known as one of the phones that has nice specifications, but you can still purchase it for an affordable price. Lenovo K10 Note price in Nigeria is N69,790, which equals approximately $192. You can buy this phone on jumia.com.
Lenovo K10 Note overview
This device has some pros and cons, which will possibly help you decide if this is the right gadget for you.
- Elegant design
- Powerful processor
- Good camera quality
- Long battery life
- No protective case in the box
- No DRM L1 certification
Lenovo K10 Note specs
Here you can see the most important specifications of this phone.
- Screen size: 6.3 inches, 97.4 square cm (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Weight: 164 g (5.78 oz)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); ZUI 11
- Rear camera: Triple (16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF; 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom; 2 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), featuring LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front camera: 16 MP, featuring HDR
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- 4G LTE: Yes
Lenovo K10 Note hardware
This phone has quite a simplistic design. Its body is made of plastic, which indicates nice quality and comfort. It has a fingerprint sensor, a dual-SIM slot where you can also put a microSD card and a 3.5mm headphone jack. You can acquire the phone in two colour options. Lenovo K10 Note colours are Knight Black and Stardust Blue.
The 6.3-inch size display is good if you want to play games or watch a movie on your device. The images look bright, sharp, and colourful on this display.
This phone model comes with the Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710. It is a modern octa-core chipset which has great processing capabilities. Compared to some of the previous Snapdragon chips, such as the 675, the graphics performance of this one is more stable.
The gadget comes with 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. As for the RAM, there can be either 4GB or 6GB of it. You can also insert an external storage card.
K10 Note has a 4050mAh battery which can last about 13 hours if you use the phone actively. With less active use, Lenovo K10 Note battery can last about two full days. The speed of charging can be a little slow compared to other models, as it takes approximately two and a half hours until full charge.
The phone has a decent loudspeaker. There is a Dolby Atmos enhancement function that improves the speaker volume. You can also use wired headphones thanks to a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Lenovo K10 Note software
OS and features
The phone uses the Android 9.0 Pie system with a ZUI 11 interface. The interface is one of the weaker parts of the device because things can get messy once you start using it. There are a lot of so-called bloatware apps, meaning that they take up space and are not usually desired by the user. However, there is an option to uninstall them.
Camera, video and image quality
This gadget comes with a triple camera: the main sensor (16MP), a telephoto lens (8MP), and a depth sensor (2MP). The camera app has an easy interface. In good lighting conditions, the Lenovo K10 Note camera will take nice and detailed pictures with natural colour tones. It also has a quick focus, and there is no huge lag.
Even though the camera takes high-quality pictures outside, it can struggle indoors or in night mode. However, most other phones have this issue as well.
As for the selfie camera (16MP), its quality may not be brilliant, but it is good enough. The phone's users are going to enjoy the sharpness and vibrancy of the selfies.
Lenovo K10 Note review
People's opinions on this phone are very different. Some say that it is a good phone with nice specs and praise the company, adding that they still use one of its previous models. Meanwhile, others admit that they have had a bad experience with Lenovo phones in general due to the lack of timely update and do not believe that K10 Note can compete with other flagship models.
- Aenugu Bhaskar Reddy: I think Lenovo made a mid-range phone finally with a good start.
- Shashi Kanth: OMG Lenovo is producing some great smartphones. Except for the selfie camera, I loved every feature of this model. Wish Lenovo stays in the market.
- Ajay Kumar Singh: I still own Lenovo K8 plus which has MediaTek processor, and it's working fine..now K10 Note with SD710 things are gonna be much more seamless and faster...!
- Mohit Tak: I am still using Lenovo k3 note, and it's been 4+ years
- Tech Geek: I haven't expected this from Lenovo. But I don't think the phone can catch up to the competition as there many beasts in this range
- Charudatta Vadar: Lenovo packages are good, but they don't give update time to time
- Vijay Jangir: great specs at this price but poor software. Lenovo should use android one also for these phones like moto one series and then it will be a crazy deal
Since every person's opinion and experience differs, before purchasing this device, you will need to think about the points that are most significant to you.
After having a look at all the major features of this phone, we can conclude that it is quite a decent device for its price. Those users who are looking for a good budget phone and may not be bothered by small inconveniences will be glad to have a K10 Note.
If you compare this recent phone to its predecessor, K9 Note, there is a huge difference in performance. K9 Note has the Snapdragon 450, while K10 Note works on the Snapdragon 710. It also has a slightly bigger display, longer battery life, and better camera quality. All this means that it may be worth it for K9 Note users to update to the most recent version from the series.
However, there are also some flaws that can throw potential buyers off and make them search for a better option. These include a messy ZUI interface and a lack of timely updates. Other than that, the Lenovo K10 Note is quite a good device which would be a nice purchase if you want to update your phone.