Chinese phones are all the rage in the smartphone market right now. The new Oppo Reno Ace is the latest device to join this Chinese movement and we cannot get over how incredible it is.
To anyone looking for a new phone to buy, you might be a little lost on which is the best device for you. Companies all over have gone on to release some amazing devices and the competition for who will top this battle is very stiff.
If you are looking to find out more details about the Oppo Reno Ace, then this article is for you. We have broken down all its specs to make the choice of whether or not to get this handset very easy for you.
Oppo Reno Ace overview
What does this smartphone have to offer?
- Has a 3.5mm jack that most new phones lack
- Powerful quad-camera setup
- Fast battery charging 65W. The phone can get to 100% in 30 min (SuperVOOC Flash Charge)
- Not water/dustproof
- The non-removable battery
Oppo Reno Ace specs
Here are the Oppo Reno Ace details
- Release date: The handset was released in China on 17th October 2019
- Network technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Dimensions: 161 x 75.7 x 8.7 mm (6.34 x 2.98 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 200 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Screen size: 6.5 inches, ~83.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie), ColorOS 6.1. There is a plan to upgrade the OS to Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+
- CPU: Octa-core (1x2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- RAM: 8GB and 12GB
- ROM: 128GB and 256GB
- Main camera: Quad cameras - 48MP + 13MP + 8MP + 2MP
- Selfie camera: 16MP
- Audio: 3.5mm jack
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass
- Battery: 4000 mAh battery, non-removable
- Charging: Fast battery charging 65W. Charges up to 100% in 30 minutes
- Oppo Reno Ace colours: Psychedelic Purple and Starry Blue
These are the hardware features that you will notice on the new Reno Ace.
The device comes in a sleek, classy design with a waterdrop notch that houses the single front-facing camera. The front and back of the handset are both made out of Gorilla Glass 6 and 5 respectively. The frame of the smartphone is made out of aluminum.
The Reno Ace's dimensions are 161 x 75.7 x 8.7 mm and it weighs about 200g/7.05oz which makes the device slightly heavier than most.
Nothing beats having a beautiful phone. Sometimes all that sells a mobile will be its sleek look. The device's manufactures had this in mind since the phone comes in some very striking colours that will draw everyone's eyes to it. The Psychedelic Purple and Starry Blue are quite eye-catching.
The Oppo Reno Ace display is 6.5 inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels with a 20:9 ratio as well as 405 PPI density. A screen this big allows for users who watch movies and play games on the handset to have an easy time doing this. It is even better as a work phone as reading documents or books and writing emails and important notes will not be a hassle to the user.
Processor, storage, and performance
The Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ is built for the ultimate gaming experience. This chipset is built for speed and enhanced performance. It is said that it delivers up to 15% faster graphics rendering and has an uplift in CPU performance as compared to all other older chipsets.
When it comes to matters of storage, the handset has 3 options
- 8GB RAM with 128GB ROM
- 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM
- 12GB RAM with 256GB ROM
To anyone who does not find this amount of space enough for them, the device also comes with an expandable memory option. The handset has a SIM card slot in which the user can insert a microSD card and add up to 256GB of extra space.
This will be perfect for anyone who loves music, movies, and games. All these can comfortably fit in the allotted space in the handset as well as in the SD card.
Oppo Reno Ace battery
Together with a fast processor and storage, battery life is the other important thing on your device. While you can supplement your phone's battery charge with a power bank or by making sure that you always have your charger at the ready, this can be quite bothersome.
To counter this, the company made sure that the phone has a large battery. At 4000mAh, the charge ought to last you up to two full days, especially if you do not use your phone a lot. If you do, however, especially if you are an avid gamer, the power will last for five to six hours. Another incredible feature is the Oppo Reno Ace charging time.
Fast charging has been very coveted this year and most companies are taking strides to ensure that their devices support this feature. Oppo was not left behind in this as well. Instead of taking the average one and a half to two hours to fill up the phone from 0 - 100%, the handset is said to charge to full capacity in just 30 minutes.
Speaker and call quality
The smartphone comes with dual speakers for whenever you wish to have a call on loudspeaker. This ensures that the audio will be very clear. It will also have the noise cancellation feature.
How does this device's software measure up?
OS & features
The device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie). This is not the latest OS in the market. Is the OS upgradeable? Yes. According to GSMArena and other websites, you can upgrade the handset's OS from Android 9 Pie to Android 10, which is currently the latest in the market.
Oppo Reno Ace camera, video, and image quality
The device has quad rear cameras, thus joining the new wave of smartphones that have been releasing multiple back cameras for their devices. It also has a front/selfie camera. These are their specs:
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.2", 1.4µm
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, 1/5", 1.75µm
- 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1", 1.0µm
The device has an under-display fingerprint scanner as well as dual firing speakers.
Oppo Reno Ace price
At the moment, the phone costs 3,199 Yuan on the company's official website for the base model. According to the stock market, this amount translates to $454.57 and 165,009 Naira. The other models cost 3,399 Yuan and 3,799 Yuan.
Here are some YouTube comments about the phone:
- Gaming Hunter - Holy moly...with this insane charging speed, you literally can let the phone charge in real-time, while you continue to speak about specs, camera and so on
- Andre - I'm already happy with my vooc 3.0 its incredible fast .. like seriously took long to drain out the battery and takes less than 1.5 hours to get fully charged, its so incredible
- Edwin Sanchez - D*mn this phone is godlike
- All over the world - If apple give you this much you're looking at £2000
This flagship device from the Chinese company is quite an amazing device. It will work well for both students and working adults. It is a high performing device with 65W SuperVOOC fast charging, incredible cameras as well as a big enough display for games and reading.
The Oppo Reno Ace device is also fairly priced. Once the handset is released worldwide, we highly recommend that everyone interested in it buy it.