Have you seen the new Motorola One Macro? It is the latest smartphone in the Motorola One family. It comes with an excellent camera, 4GB RAM + 64GB storage configuration, the Helio P70 chipset, and a range of notable features that will help you stand out from the crowd.
When it comes to new releases in the Motorola One series, we expect some extras. For example, better quality of performance, improved cameras, better sound quality, fantastic resolution, extensive storage, and battery capacity, etc. We have already seen the new gadgets released by LG, Xiaomi, Samsung and Huawei. Their quality and a range of new features impress. What about the Motorola brand? Is there a new Motorola phone?
The company scheduled the launch of the Motorola One Macro for October 9, 2019. On October 12, the phone went on the market. At present, you can buy it for N51,078, but is it a worthy upgrade?
Before purchasing a new phone, the majority of people prefer to learn all the specifications of the selected gadget. Have a look at the cons and pros of the new handset by Motorola.
- Decent performance
- It has a big display that is great if you like to play games and watch videos
- It comes with a high-grade processor
- The phone features a long battery life
- Useful software features
- The camera performance (distant objects lack details when zoomed in on a big display)
Motorola One Macro specs
- Motorola One Macro release date: October 2019
- Screen size: 6.2-inches
- Screen type: IPS LCD
- Screen resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels
- Weight: 186 grams
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P70
- Main camera: 13MP, 2MP, 2MP triple camera
- Selfie camera: 8MP standard
- Processor: Octa-Core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB with a possibility of an expansion via a microSD card up to 512GB
- Colors: Space Blue
- Motorola One Macro price: N51,078 or ₹9,999
- Bonus features: an FM-radio, a fingerprint reader, a notification LED, a proximity sensor, a gyroscope, an accelerometer, a compass and an ambient light sensor.
What hardware features does the phone have?
The phone is slim and weighs only 186 grams. Its dimensions are 157.6 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm. The company made the back of the gadget with glossy plastic. It houses three camera lenses and an LED flash. In general, the phone is easy to manage with one hand.
The Motorola One Macro comes with a 6.2-inch HD+ screen. It has a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and an 81.3% screen-to-body ratio. At the top of the display, you can see a waterdrop notch.
The front houses the 8MP camera for selfies and an earpiece grill. The screen brightness is optimal at all times of the day. This allows you to watch videos, play games, edit photos, and create documents without discomfort and stress.
Processor, storage & performance
The phone comes with the MediaTek Helio P70 chipset which ensures high performance and smooth work, no matter which app you launch. With 4GB RAM, a terrific processor, and large battery capacity, the handset has already become one of the best gadgets for playing 3D games.
The storage capacity of this device is 64GB. If you are fond of shooting videos, downloading games, or taking photos, you might feel a particular lack of storage. However, that is not a problem for the Motorola One Macro since it is compatible with SD cards. You can use them to expand the storage capacity up to 512GB.
The gadget provides an excellent battery capacity of 4,000mAh. It comes with support for 10W fast charging. It is a pretty good capacity for people who store plenty of videos, apps, games, and other files.
Speaker & call quality
You can find a microphone and a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top of the phone. The bottom houses a USB-charging port, the primary mic, and five circular speaker vents.
The phone also features active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone. Thus, you will hear only a person’s voice but not the noise in the background.
The software of any gadget is crucial.
OS & Motorola One Macro features
The gadget comes with the Android 9.0 Pie version. It is available in the Space Blue variant. The phone features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor with the iconic Batwing logo on it and a Hybrid SIM slot.
The phone offers the following connectivity options:
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB-C port
Motorola One Macro camera, video, and image quality
The phone comes with a triple rear camera, a front camera, an LED flash, and a dedicated laser autofocus module:
- The primary 13MP camera (f/2.0 aperture), a 2MP depth sensor (f/2.2 aperture), and a 2MP macro lens (f/2.2 aperture). It supports 8x digital zoom, auto smile capture, live filter, and smart composition features;
- The front 8MP camera (f/2.2 aperture) supports Panorama, Slow Motion, Portrait, Spot Colour, Cutout, Timelapse, Macro, and Cinemagraph modes.
Thus, you can focus on items quickly, take fascinating pictures from as close as 2cm, and shoot beautiful selfies. The trademark Moto Actions and gesture navigation will help you launch the camera, turn on the flashlight, and perform a range of other necessary actions in almost no time.
Have a look at the pictures taken by the handset:
What do you think of the picture?
The camera does its work pretty fine at daytime.
How about taking photos at night?
Motorola One Macro reviews
Since the phone is already on the market, it has gained a lot of comments. Here is what its users say about it:
Here are a few more comments.
- Realme 5. It is a strong competitor for the newly-released gadget by Motorola. It also comes with a macro camera. Furthermore, it comes at a lower cost.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. It comes with a full HD+ display.
Although the phone provides a range of awesome specifications, the quality of certain functions still leaves much to be desired. It has some issues with the camera performance in low-light conditions and shooting objects at a distance. It has a pretty good storage capacity, quality software features, a long battery life, and a powerful processor.
Motorola One Macro is a good phone. While choosing the gadget, you should first determine which of its specs are the most advantageous to you.