7 die after Governor Obaseki’s convoy auto crash

7 die after Governor Obaseki’s convoy auto crash

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Edo has confirmed the death of seven persons in the state after Governor Godwin Obaseki's convoy was involved in an auto crash which took place along Benin-Ekpoma highway.

Concerning the tragedy which took place on Saturday, October, 19, the commander of the FRSC in Edo, Anthony Oko, said that the accident involved a Hilux carrying protocol personnel of the Edo state Government House and an Audi car.

Oko revealed that while the driver of the Hilux vehicle sustained some injuries, all the occupants of the Audi car died including two children, The Nation reports.

He FRSC boss said that the aides were on their way to Ekpoma to attend a convocation ceremony at Ambrose Ali University, which Obaseki had been invited to.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Also, Danmallam Mohammed, the commissioner of police in the state confirmed the incident, describing it as very unfortunate.

Just in: President Buhari issues new directive to police on arrest of ‘yahoo-yahoo’ boys

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Obaseki had sacked all his 264 aides and promised a replacement for each of them within a space of one month.

The governor explained that this was necessary for the restructuring of the state's government for better administration and delivery.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

What has changed in Nigeria since the last election? | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel