Obaseki tells Oshiomhole to observe protocols before entering Edo

Obaseki tells Oshiomhole to observe protocols before entering Edo

- Governor Godwin Obaseki has denied having any part in the recent attack on Adams Oshiomhole

- Obaseki said that Oshiomhole should inform him and the police before vising the state at any time

- The governor said that this is a protocol Oshiomhole should observe for the purpose of security

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo has responded to allegations that he masterminded an attack on the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole.

Obaseki said that Oshiomhole did not inform him nor the police of his recent visit to the state, which, according to the governor, is a necessary protocol that should be observed especially for security reasons, This Day reports.

Even more, Obaseki in a statement issued by his special adviser on media, communication and public affairs, Crusoe Osagie, denied knowledge of the attack on the Benin residence of the APC boss.

Osagie alleged that the former governor alongside his supporters have vowed to make Edo state ungovernable for Obaseki.

Insecurity: Gani Adams condemns southwest governors' plan to recruit private security

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The statement partly read: "As a former governor he ought to be informing the governor and security agencies each time he is coming into the state.

“The commissioner of police has declared the state peaceful but Oshiomhole and his cohorts were bent on making it ungovernable."

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Obaseki had been accused of being the behind the attack and siege carried out on Oshiomhole's residence.

The accusation was made by the former governor's spokesman, Simon Ebegbulem, on Sunday, October 13.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Nigerians set 2nd term agenda for President Buhari | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel