President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Dr. Mrs. Folashade Yemi-Esan as the acting head of the Civil Service of the Federation with immediate effect.
According to the press release signed by Willie Bassey, the director of information, Yemi-Esan, the permanent secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, will take over from Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita.
Oyo-Ita was also directed to go on an indefinite leave so that there could be a clear conclusion of the investigation being carried out by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
It was also gathered that Buhari also approved the extension of the tenure of seven retiring permanent secretaries for a year.
This was done to ensure stability in the federal civil service and effective delivery on the nine priority areas of the administration as well as the mandates given to the new ministers.
Below are the names of the permanent secretaries:
1. Mrs Georgina Ehuriah - Ministry of Interior
2. Mrs Ifeoma I. Anagbogu - Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
3. Mrs Grace Gekpe - Federal Ministry of Information & Culture
4. Dr Umar M. Bello - Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development
5. Suleiman Mustapha Lawal - Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. Mrs Comfort C. Ekaro - Federal Ministry of Water Resources
7. Mr Olusegun A. Adekunle - General Services Office (Office of the secretary to the government of the federation)
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Oyo-Ita revealed why she returned to work after questioning by the EFCC over alleged N3bn fraud.
A source in her office confided that Oyo-Ita informally told staff close to her that Buhari asked her to come back to the office.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Top 5 the Richest People of Nigeria: The Luxury of Corruption | Legit TV