- The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Tuesday, September 18, denied claims that there was an attack on an Abuja-Kaduna train
- The corporation described the report which was circulated majorly on Whatsapp as fake
- According to the corporation, there is enough security arrangement for the railway system in Nigeria
An official of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has debunked reports that the Abuja-Kaduna train was attacked by some gunmen last week.
NRC's manager, Paschal Nnorli, said messages being circulated on Whatsapp and various online platforms and blogs that a train was attacked is false.
Urging the general public to disregard such news, Nnorli said adequate security arrangements are in place on all trains.
Nnorli said: “NRC hereby informs the general public especially her teeming passengers that there was no such attack on any of our AKTS trains."
"We thank the security agencies especially the Nigerian Police and the Military for their support in securing our train service,” Nnorli said.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that authorities of the NRC had said that the Abuja-Kaduna train conveys 1.5 million passengers in 1,000 days.
The corporation also said that he plans to increase the number of trains to meet up with the high demand of passengers.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: We have upgraded to serve you better
Nigeria Latest News: The Abuja Metro is West Africa's First Light Rail Network | Legit TV