- President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted an Economic Advisory Council which has Prof Chukwuma Soludo as one of its members
- The advisory council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the president
- The council will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the president
President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted an Economic Advisory Council (EAC).
The president’s special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, made the development public in a mail sent to Legit.ng on Monday, September 16.
See the list below:
1. Prof Doyin Salami (chairman)
2. Dr Mohammed Sagagi (vice chairman)
3. Prof Ode Ojowu (member)
4. Dr Shehu Yahaya (member)
5. Dr Iyabo Masha (member)
6. Prof Chukwuma Soludo (member)
7. Bismark Rewane (member)
8. Dr Mohammed Adaya Salisu (secretary)
According to Adesina, the advisory council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the president.
He added: “The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the president on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.
“The EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the president.
“The chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the composition of the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), subject to Senate confirmation.
Olusegun Adekunle, permanent secretary in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), announced the appointment.
The new chairman of the NDDC, as approved by the president, is Pius Odubu, a former deputy governor of Edo state.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Nigerians set 2nd term agenda for President Buhari - on Legit TV: