Police recruitment: Ignore list from NPF, wait for authentic list - PSC tells applicants

Police recruitment: Ignore list from NPF, wait for authentic list - PSC tells applicants

- There is a cold battle between the PSC and the NPF over the list of shortlisted applicants for constable positions

- NPF had released the list of shortlisted applicants for the positions

- But the PSC ordered the suspension of the recruitment process and advised the applicants to wait for the authentic list

The controversy trailing the recruitment of 10,000 police constable into the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has taken another twist as the Police Service Commission (PSC) asked all candidates who applied for position to ignore the list released by the Force.

The Nation reports that the commission had suspended the recruitment process which has reached the stage of medical screening.

Legit.ng gathered that the suspension was said to have been announced following the allegation that the police leadership may tamper with the list submitted to it.

According to the newspaper, the source said the police leadership decided to hijack the whole process after the chairman of the commission, Alhaji Musiliu Smith, refused to do the bidding of the police leadership.

Drama as 108 prospective corps members are rejected by NYSC over questionable certificates

It was learnt that as part of efforts to stop the police leadership, the commission suspended the exercise and announced that the fate of candidates would be decided this week after a meeting.

The newspaper reports that the information on police website read: “Candidates whose names appear in this publication are invited for medical examination which is scheduled to hold from Monday, 9 - September, 14, 2019.”

A source in the commission was said to have confirmed that the list was no more on its website because the police leadership was directed to take it down.

Reacting to the list, the commission in a statement in Abuja by its spokesman, Ikechukwu Ani, advised candidates to await authentic list from it.

The statement read: “The attention of the Police Service Commission has been drawn to a list circulating in the social media and originating from the Nigeria Police Force website containing some names of candidates who applied for recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force for position of Constables.

Buhari vs Atiku: PDP, APC scared as tribunal is set to deliver judgment

“The candidates according to the information are invited for medical screening scheduled for 9th to 14th of September 2019. It has been observed that as at the afternoon of today, Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, the list has been withdrawn from their website.

“The commission will like to report that the list was compiled solely by the Nigeria Police Force without the involvement of the Police Service Commission, the body that has the constitutional mandate for appointment."

Ani further stated that all candidates who took part in the aptitude test held on Saturday, August 3, 2019, were advised to watch out for the authentic list that would emerge after the meeting of the bodies.

The leadership of the commission said it will continue to insist that the recruitment exercise is merit driven, transparent and in conformity with the public service rules and federal character principle. It added that it will resist any attempt to sabotage its efforts in this direction.

Massive defeat for APC as tribunal sacks House of Reps member, directs INEC to issue certificate to PDP candidate

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

The commission advised applicants not to panic or despair as all their interests would be adequately protected.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the PSC said there was no decision taken to abandon the recruitment of 10,000 Nigerians into the Nigeria Police Force.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

2019 Election: New IGP Speaks Tough | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Mailfire view pixel