Armed men in military uniform ambush commercial bus on Kaduna-Abuja expressway, 6 kidnapped

Armed men in military uniform ambush commercial bus on Kaduna-Abuja expressway, 6 kidnapped

- Police have revealed how armed men in military uniform kidnapped six people on Kaduna-Abuja expressway

- Yakubu Sabo, the Kaduna state police spokesperson, however, said two of the victims were later rescued

- Efforts are ongoing to rescue the remaining four victims and arrest the criminals

A report by Premium Times indicates that the police have confirmed the kidnap of six persons in Rijana village along Kaduna-Abuja expressway.

Legit.ng reports that the Kaduna state police public relations officer, Yakubu Sabo, said the kidnap occurred on Saturday, September 7.

Sabo said the armed persons wore military uniform to commit the act, adding that two of the victims were abandoned by the kidnappers.

According to him, the kidnappers intercepted a commercial bus registered ABJ 905 XC on the evening of Saturday, September 7, at a point near Rijana and took away the victims.

“Patrol teams within the axis were quickly mobilised to the scene and engaged the hoodlums as a result of which one Rofiat Tijjani, aged 17, and one other person, both of Tudunwada Kaduna, were released by the criminals in their desperate attempt to escape.

DSS raises alarm, says some people plotting to set Nigeria on fire

“Both victims were taken to the Rijana police station alongside the vehicle. Efforts are still on to rescue the remaining four victims and arrest the criminals,” Sabo said.

It would be recalled that kidnapping for ransom has become rampant on the Kaduna-Abuja highway and in many other parts of Nigeria.

The Kaduna sate government had last week declared that there would be no security checkpoints on major expressways including Kaduna-Abuja road in order to curb the menace of kidnapping on the roads.

The government advised motorists not to stop at any checkpoint on the roads, saying such checkpoints were henceforth illegal.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Kaduna state police command neutralised three and arrested 25 notorious suspected kidnappers in different operations in the state.

It was reported that the command’s public relations officer, Sabo, made the disclosure in a press statement issued on Sunday, September 9, in Kaduna.

There's no evidence Wike demolished mosque - Fayemi

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel