There's no evidence Wike demolished Port Harcourt mosque - Fayemi

There's no evidence Wike demolished Port Harcourt mosque - Fayemi

- Governor Fayemi of Ekiti state has said that there is no evidence to show that Nyesom Wike demolished a mosque in Port Harcourt

- Fayemi said while taking a tour of the alleged location of the mosque said the reports of mosque demolition in Rivers state is 'a storm in a tea cup'

- Governor Wike also thanked Fayose for the leadership role he played in investigating the demolition

Ekiti state governor, Kayode Fayemi, has debunked reports that his colleague in Rivers state demolished any mosque in Port Harcourt.

Fayemi, who is the chairman of the Nigerian Governors' Forum on Sunday, September 8, said he could not find any evidence to prove that the mosque at Biambo Street, off School Road, Rainbow Estate, Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers state was demolished by the governor as widely reported.

“With what I’ve seen, I cannot see any evidence of any building that has been demolished here. If you (Wike) are somebody who wants a place of worship, you should find a way to oblige them. I know within your capacity, it’ll be possible to find a place for them."

I made Fayose governor of Ekiti state - Senator Olujimi

"From what I’ve seen here, I think it is a storm in a tea Cup. There is nothing to warrant this kind of media hype that has been given to it,” Fayemi said.

He said there is absolutely nothing that should have stirred such report or media hype against Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state.

Leading Fayemi round the disputed land, Wike called on the general public to desist from creating discord among religious groups.

Wike said: “I want to thank the chairman of my forum for at least coming to see things for himself. He called me while he was away and I told him, you know that I can’t do something like that and he said okay when he comes back, he is coming to see me and he has fulfilled that promise."

Also appreciating Fayemi's leadership role in investigating the matter, Wike said he could not have ordered the ministry of urban development to demolish any mosque as reported.

Okorocha arrest order: Ihedioha reveals what really happened

“Assuming that there is even a mosque and that government doesn’t want it at that location, we’ll invite them and say look, we don’t want a mosque there, can we find you an alternative place? But there was no mosque. I don’t know why people should make politics out of the issue. It’s not important,” Governor Wike said.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Wike had invited the Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle and the council of Ulamas to Port Harcourt over the tension built by the reports of mosque demolition in the state.

Following the invitation, the Zamfara state governor also urged all clerics and Muslim faithfuls to remain calm.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Nigeria Latest News: Emir Sanusi Says Mosques Should be Converted into Schools | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel