- Raheem Sterling for the first in his career now worth more than Lionel Messi
- Based on current form, the Man City man's worth rose €40million more than the Barcelona star
- The England international is also more valuable than Ronaldo, Hazard and Neymar
Raheem Sterling's current form has made his stock rise above two of most football greats, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Manchester City forward has made a decent start to the 2019-20 season following his goal scoring form in the new campaign.
The 24-year-old scored against his former club, Liverpool, in the Community Shield and opened his Premier League account with a hat-trick against West Ham.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
And according to Football Observatory CIES, Sterling is now more valuable than the two five-time Ballon d’Or winners Messi and Ronaldo.
Sterling surpasses Messi for the first time in his career as the England attacker is now worth an eye-watering €207.8million. The ageing Messi, on the other hand, is worth €167.4m.
Here is a list of 20 most valuable players in world football
1. Kylian Mbappe - Paris Saint-Germain (€252m)
2. Mohamed Salah - Liverpool (€219.6m)
3. Raheem Sterling - Manchester City (€207.8m)
4. Lionel Messi - Barcelona (€167.4m)
5. Jadon Sancho - Borussia Dortmund (€159.4m)
6. Sadio Mane - Liverpool (€157.8m)
7. Harry Kane - Tottenham (€155.2m)
8. Roberto Firmino - Liverpool (€144.2m)
9. Antoine Griezmann - Barcelona (€143.8m)
10. Leroy Sane - Manchester City (€137.1m)
11. Bernardo Silva - Manchester City (€136.9m)
12. Gabriel Jesus - Manchester City (€130.6m)
13. Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool (€130.2m)
14. Philippe Coutinho - Barcelona (€129.4m)
15. Romelu Lukaku - Inter Milan (€125.2m)
16. Paul Pogba - Manchester United (€125.1m)
17. Neymar - Paris Saint-Germain (€124.7m)
18. Marcus Rashford - Manchester United (€123.5m)
19. Eden Hazard - Real Madrid (€120.7m)
20. Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus (€118.1m)
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Bookmaker GettingBet did an analysis in all 380 Premier League games played last season and concluded Liverpool would have lifted the title instead of Manchester City.
The technology will be used in the 2019-20 season which will spot off the ball incidents including handballs, penalty calls, off-sides and the likes.
Wait a minute! Do you like to predict and win?
You have that opportunity now to place your bet in one of the fastest rising bookmakers in Nigeria - 1xbet
Click here to place your bet and get the chance to win big. Hurry now!
Aruna Quadri: Nigerian with world's deadliest forehand in t/tennis | Legit TV