- Governor Makinde has inaugurated his executive cabinet in Oyo state
- Makinde on Thursday, August 15, swore in 14 new commissioners to assist him in piloting the affairs of the state
- The governor tasked the new commissioners to use their wealth of experience in the public and private sectors to uplift the state
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has sworn-in 14 commissioners to kick start his long-awaited executive cabinet.
Legit.ng's regional reporter in Ibadan, Ridwan Kolawole, reports that the 14-member commissioners were named alongside their portfolio on Thursday, August 15, by the governor at the state government secretariat, Agodi area of Ibadan.
The governor had earlier appointed 14 permanent secretaries who were advised to see their appointments as a huge task which should be executed diligently.
In his speech at the inauguration, Makinde who had interacted with the new commissioners, noted that their various endeavours hitherto have prepared them for the assignment.
He said: "You had successful and fulfilling individual careers in the private and public sectors. I have among you representatives from academia, former legislators, professionals and business people.
"But you chose to answer this call to serve. With the formidable track record and CVs you all possess, I am happy that you are not working against me. And so we are gathered here today to inaugurate the Oyo state executive council as stipulated in the sections 192 and 193 of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended). Their mandate is to direct, supervise and manage their portfolios."
Below is the list of the new commissioners and their portfolios:
1. Adeniyi John Ifarinto - Commissioner for budget and planning
2. Adeniyi Adebisi - Commissioner for commerce
3. Muyiwa Jacob Ojekunle - Commissioner for agriculture
4. Prof Oyelowo Oyewo - Commissioner for justice
5. Olasunkanmi Olaleye - Commissioner for establishment
6. Seun Asamu - Commissioner for energy
7. Rahman Abiodun AbdulRaheem - Commissioner for land
8. Chief Bayo Lawal - Commissioner for special duties
9. Funmilayo Orisadeyi - Commissioner for local government and chieftancy matters
10. Bashir Bello - Commissioner for health
11. Wasiu Olatunbosun - Commissioner for information
12. Prof Daud Kehinde Sangodoyin - Commissioner for education
13. Akinola Ojo - Commissioner for finance
14. Kehinde Ayoola - Commissioner for environment.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the southwest chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) urged Makinde to conduct a proper audit of what transpired during the tenure of the immediate past governor of the state, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
2019 Election: Atiku heads to court to contest election result, can he win? | - on Legit TV