Many a time, Donald Trump has been accused of having a loose mouth and itchy fingers. The number of times he has gotten himself in trouble because of something he said or something he tweeted is uncountable. Hence having such a track record, let us look at some racist things Trump has said in 2019.
Trump is very big on immigrants, refugees and people of other races. If you look keenly, you will notice that most of the issues he has been handing since he has been in power are related to those three categories. His Wall project, for example, and his deportation of immigrants project among many others. This is not to say that he has not been handling other things since he got to power as America’s unemployment rates are going down and the likes. With that said, Is Donald Trump racist? Has he been making racist remarks? If we google Trump racism, or Trump racist quotes are we likely to find something?
Trump racist tweets
Donald Trump loves Twitter. He is always tweeting and retweeting things. He has tweeted some controversial statements over the past on Twitter. Here we shall look at some Trump racism tweets:
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....
....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
These were tweets he tweeted just last month when he was referring to four congresswomen. These tweets went on to bring a lot of reactions. Do you think tweets from Donald Trump were racist?
Trump racist comments
Over the years, some Trump statements been viewed by many as being racist. Here are some of them:
- In 2016, when he was launching his presidential bid, he had this to say about the Mexicans. When Mexico is sending its people, it doesn’t send its best people.... They are bringing drugs. They are bringing crime. They are rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
- According to The New York Times, there was a time Trump said that Haiti had sent 15000 people and they “all have AIDS”.
He is also said to have said these about the forty thousand Nigerians that had gone to America.
"Once they had seen the United States, they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa.
- In May 2016, He said that Federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel could not hear the Trump University case fairly because he's Mexican.
- Before he got into politics, it is alleged that he could not rent houses to black people. This was back in the 1970s. This led to his company being sued two times by the Justice Department for discrimination.
- Trump also said that former United States President Barrack Obama was not born in the United States.
- There was also a time he said that ‘Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. This is, according to John R. O'Donnell.
Do you think those Donald Trump quotes and comments were racist? According to you, Trump is racist or not? I will let you answer that for yourself. This is all we had for you on racist things Trump has said in 2019 and years before. Leave your views and comments about this in the comments section below.