Is Trump racist? This question has been asked over and over again. Recently, this question was echoed all over the world after what people believe to be racist comments from the Twitter account of Donald J Trump. I know when most people hear the words Trump and Twitter together, things are about to get interesting. I am sure that some people wake up to search "Trump tweets today" every morning.
What did he say this time? I know this is what most of you are wondering, could it be something about The Wall? He is very fond of talking about that. The best or maybe the worst thing about Donald, depending on how you look at it, is that he is very unpredictable.
Donald Trump on Twitter
All this started from where most of his problems start, Twitter. This is after he tweeted about four congresswomen, now given the nickname, The Squad. The tweet is believed to be racist by many people, but as always, there are two sides of a coin. What did this Trump racist tweet say?
On July 14, Trump tweeted,
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....
....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
You are sure people from far and wide, reacted to this tweet. Some in support of it, while others could not see eye to eye with Donald Trump. Here are some of the reactions from Twitter:
- As an immigrant I completely agree with you. We expect people that come to this country to love and respect it, not to hate it and it’s history. This must be said, and said loudly. Our country would be better off without people who hate it. Thank you Mr. President! -@MichaelGorvitz
- BELOVED PRESIDENT! THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR AMERICA AND HER PATRIOTIC CITIZENS! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES MOST RICHLY AND ABUNDANTLY! ALWAYS IN MY HEART, THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! REV JEANNIE L RANDALL-RYDESKI -@cdars7
- I have reported this tweet - I’ve reported him before - twitter doesn’t seem to care - I think twitter would gain a lot of kudos if it actually suspended his account even if just for a day - he’s got to learn decent behaviour -@lord_puke
- So interesting to see Racist president, whose wives originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly...... -@apryle29
- The Dem's will twist anything out of context. Your suggestion wasn't for them to leave but to help fix the failing countries they seem so proud of. You're doing a GREAT job and not getting the respect you deserve. -@MikeNecessary
- Absolutely correct. All of them came from America, whose present administration is a complete and total catastrophe and the worst and most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world. -@sknowlton01
Can we add this tweet to the folder labelled, ‘Donald Trump racist comments’? Is this a racist Trump quote, or was he misunderstood? What did he have to say about the matter?
Donald Trump speech
You are sure this did not go away as quickly as Donald would have wanted. In an address he had after the tweeting incident, you are sure a lot of reporters had a lot to ask about the whole Trump racism issue.
When he was asked who he was talking about in the tweet, he said he did not mention names, and he would not do that. He went on to say that if someone is not happy with America, they should leave. He went on to add that is what he meant on the tweet some people disagree with, but there are many people who love it.
When Trump was asked about the fact that three of the congresswomen he was talking about were born in America, hence in terms of going back to where they come from what he meant. He said if they were unhappy about America, as they always complain, they can leave.
Donald Trump was also asked if it concerned him that many people saw the tweet as racist and white nationalist groups were finding common cause with him. He said it does not concern him, because many people agree with what he said. If they want to leave, they can leave. It does not mean to leave forever. You can just leave if you want, he added.
This incident, together with many others, is what has left many people asking, "Is Donald Trump racist?" Is there finally a conclusive answer to this question? Who knows, but some of Donald Trump quotes try to show a picture of him being racist. One of the most notable ones has to be in his 2015 campaign when he initiated his Presidential run. He said, when Mexico sends people to America, they do not send their best people, they send people who have a lot of problems, they bring their problems with them, including drugs, crime, etc. He also assumed that, of course, there are good people among those who come from Mexico.
With all that has been said, what do you think? Is Trump racist or not? Leave your views and comments about the matter in the comments section below.