Have you already heard about the release of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?” The new movie from the gifted film director Quentin Tarantino is an exciting story, depicting the life of a former TV star and his devoted understudy. Two men are trying to find their place in the world of the movie industry that seems to be jumping leaps. What trials did fate prepare for them?
The real lives of actors are sometimes no less challenging than the lives of their characters. New stars keep on appearing in the sky of the movie industry so quickly. Only a few actors can maintain their popularity well enough to stay on the top for many years.
The old-school Hollywood moguls are now the best examples for the young generation of actors. But what happens to those TV stars who failed? Can they succeed again?
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood description
- Genre: comedy, drama
- Written and directed by: Quentin Tarantino
- Produced by: David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh, Quentin Tarantino
- Production company: Columbia Pictures, Bona Film Group, Heyday Films, and Visiona Romantica
- Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood release date: May 21, 2019
- Running time: 2 hours 41 minute (161 minutes)
- Country: USA
- Budget: $90 – 95 million
What is the movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood about?
The Once Upon a Time in Hollywood trailer quickly engages viewers: the plot seems to be very promising. This short YouTube video makes you wish to see more and learn the full story.
The release of the movie was on the Cannes Film Festival on May 21, 2019. The story describes the life of the TV star Rick Dalton at the period, regarded as Hollywood’s Golden Age when his fame started to fade. The man and his understudy have to deal with numerous trials. They try to keep up with the trends of the movie industry to regain past success.
READ ALSO: 90210 reboot: cast, premiere recap, reviews
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood cast
Being the film director, Quentin Tarantino decided to have the cream of the crop in his new movie. He gathered the top-tier actresses and actors. Their perfect acting transfers us into the past, to the Golden Age in Hollywood.
If you take a glance at the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood poster, you will undoubtedly recognize some of these famous actors. Who would have thought that they all would appear in the same movie one day?
So, whom one may expect to appear in the movie? Here is the list of characters and the corresponding actors you will see:
- Rick Dalton – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Cliff Booth – Brad Pitt
- Sharon Tate – Margot Robbie
- Marvin Schwarz - Al Pacino
- Bruce Lee – Mike Moh
- Randy – Kurt Russell
- James Stacy – Timothy Olyphant
- Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme – Dakota Fanning
- Pussycat – Margaret Qualley
- Wayne Maunder – Luke Perry
- Jay Sebring – Emile Hirsch
- Charles “Tex” Watson – Austin Butler
- George Spahn – Bruce Dern
- Charles Manson – Damon Herriman
These actors had smaller parts, which are of no less importance to the movie plot:
- Patricia Krenwinkel – Madisen Beaty
- Leslie Van Houten – Victoria Pedretti
- Catherine Share – Lena Dunham
- Susan “Sadie” Atkins – Mikey Madison
- Linda Kasabian – Maya Hawke
- Steve Grogan – James Landry Hebert
- Sandra Good – Kansas Bowling
- Delilah – Dallas Jay Hunter
- Pebbles – Dyani Del Castillo
- Tadpole – Parker Love Bowling
- Dianne Lake – Sydney Sweeney
- Froggie – Harley Quinn Smith
- Angel – Danielle Harris
Some were the real people. The rest of them were the fiction, created by Quentin Tarantino to show particular events.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood review
Based on the opinion of the critics, the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Rotten Tomatoes’ score on the “Tomatometer” is 85% (with a total count of 410). The critics regarded it as “fresh.”
Thus, your opinion is more likely to be a positive one. Check for the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood showtimes in your country to enjoy the movie with friends or a family on a big screen of the movie theater.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soundtrack
If you liked the music following different parts of the movie, you can listen to the soundtracks or download them on your electronic devices.
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” is an excellent movie to enjoy on a big screen. It will make you smile, share excitement, and worries about your favourite characters.