- Kingsley Moghalu has said Nigeria needs three things to become the next China
- The three things according to him, are restructuring, electoral reform and electing a capable leader
- Moghalu stated that Nigeria is on shaky ground at the moment
Presidential candidate of the Young Progressive Party in the 2019 general elections and former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Kingsley Moghalu, has listed three things Nigeria needs to become the next China.
Moghalu who bared his thoughts in a post on his Twitter handle @MoghaluKingsley, said Nigeria is on shaky grounds but if it gets these three things right, the country is on its way to being the next China.
According to him, the three things Nigeria needs are:
- Electoral reform (e-voting) so our citizens can truly choose their leaders
- Re-establish fiscally autonomous regions (restructuring).
- We elect a leader who’ll face the future and not the past.
Some of his followers agreed with him, while others had a different opinion and asked him questions which he answered. Someone even told him he was day dreaming.
China is the world's largest manufacturing economy and exporter of goods. Its economy has enjoyed 30 years of explosive growth, making it the world's largest. Growth is making China a world economic leader.
Meanwhile, Nigeria and other developing countries have been warned against taking loans from China due to unfavourable loan conditions.
Legit.ng had earlier reported that the warning came from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) during the launch of the Global Financial Stability Report for April 2019 at the IMF/World Bank meetings in Washington DC, USA.
In a similar development, Legit.ng previously reported that the former US secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, warned African countries to be wary of the Chinese government and its loan facilities. He said African leaders need to carefully consider their agreements with China.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
2019 Election: Why did Nigerian youths ignore Sowore, Durotoye, Moghalu? | Legit TV