Boko Haram: Scores of terrorists killed by troops in Borno state

Boko Haram: Scores of terrorists killed by troops in Borno state

- Scores of Boko Haram terrorists were on Friday, August 9, killed by the Nigerian Air Force troops

- The terrorists met their Waterloo when the air force attacked their tactical base in Izza, Borno state

- Air Force spokesman, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, says the latest offensive against the insurgents was under the auspices of Operation Green Sweep 3

As war against insurgency intensifies, the Nigerian Air Force has hit Boko Haram's tactical base in Izza, Borno state, and killed scores of terrorists in the process.

The disclosure was made in a statement by the Air Force spokesman, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, The Nation reports.

Legit.ng gathers that Daramola said that the latest offensive against the insurgents was under the auspices of Operation Green Sweep 3.

He said: "The intensive air strikes being conducted under the auspices of Operation Green Sweep 3 have yielded more successes as the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation Lafiya Dole, on 9 August 19, decimated a major tactical base of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT) and neutralized scores of their fighters at Izza on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest in Borno state.

Critics of insecurity in Nigeria are not patriotic - Buhari

"The location was designated for attack after series of Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions had established that the location was being used as a staging area from where the BHT elements launch their attacks."

According to Daramola, the ATF scrambled 3 Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the location, with the timing synchronised to inflict maximum damage and mortality on the terrorists.

He added: "As a result, there was massive devastation on the affected target while scores of terrorists were killed in the process."

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army through Colonel Ado Isa, the deputy director of Army public relations, in charge of the 212 Battalion, on Friday, July 19, confirmed that Boko Haram insurgents on Wednesday, July 19, killed a colonel, a captain and at least three other soldiers during their attack in Yobe.

EXPLAINER: What we know and do not know about alleged leaked tapes of Rotimi Amaechi

In his statement Isa said: “Troops of 212 Battalion deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Jakana, on Wednesday 17Th July 2019 dealt with and neutralised unconfirmed number of Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists when they woefully attempted to infiltrate their base in dire need for logistics.

“The terrorists came at about 1845 hours in 7 gun trucks and fought fiercely to infiltrate the camp, but the attack was thwarted with heavy fire and bombardment by the gallant and patriotic troops who were vigilant and battle-ready."

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Obasanjo bombs Buhari again, says FG is empowering Boko Haram | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel