The dust and the polluted environment we reside in, harmful chemicals in the skin products we use, and hectic lifestyles are all major contributors to blackheads forming on our skin. If you have them, it is critical that you learn steps on how to get rid of blackheads.
Blackheads are among the most prevalent kinds of acne. Even though individuals with oily skins have a high chance of getting blackheads, every person is prone to this condition. They usually form once the pores are clogged with a mixture of excess oil or sebum and dead cells from sebaceous glands. Dissimilar to whiteheads that cause pores to close, blackheads cause open surfaces. This is what causes the dark colour oxidation.
The tricks and tips highlighted below will not just help you know how to get rid of blackheads but also how to prevent them from forming in the future.
How to get rid of blackheads
There are professional treatments and home remedies that can be used in removing blackheads
Below are some of the commonly used procedures by experts to solve the issue of blackheads.
1. Laser treatments
Even though the amount paid for this procedure will vary depending on the specialist doing it and the place it is being done, using laser treatment to get rid of blackheads is highly effective and yields the best results. Laser beams are used in these procedures in removing the clogs in skin pores. It is among the most preferred medical processes by people today.
2. Chemical peels
This is a procedure that does not just exfoliate skin but also helps in eliminating blackheads from any part of the skin. It is ideal when it comes to removing scars and blemishes found on the skin surface. The extra advantage offered by chemical peels is that they also helps in skin pigmentation. They also enhance the smoothness of the skin and make it very supple.
Remedies to use at home
Below are several processes you can try out at the comfort of your home to remove blackheads.
1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is referred to as a natural astringent, meaning that it is useful in preventing comedo formation. Lemon contains citric acid that unclogs pores and removes excessive oil, therefore changing how sebaceous filaments appear. The acid will break down the fat and restore skin beauty. Below is a step by step process of using lemon juice to remove blackheads on face:
- Take a lemon and cut it in half
- Using one of the halves, rub the lemon on the affected part of the skin for the juice to be directly in touch with the blemish
- Wait for about five minutes until the juice dries on the skin
- After the skin is completely dry, rinse it using warm water
- The procedure should be repeated daily until the desired results are achieved
2. Baking soda
For those looking for the most efficient way of removing sebaceous filaments and blackheads on nose, baking soda is one of the most prevalent remedies to use at home. Other than ridding the skin of the excess oil, it is a perfect exfoliator. Below are some of the things that you must bear in mind before you use baking soda:
- Ascertain that the affected face or nose part is first cleansed thoroughly using warm water
- Make a thick paste by adding some water to one tablespoon of the baking soda
- The paste should then be applied by spreading it over the part of the skin affected by blackheads
3. Mineral oils
Mineral oils are crucial concentrates that fight acne. They have natural healing features that dissolve accumulated debris found around hair follicles. These astringent characteristics aid in keeping the skin free from any excessive sebum that clogs skin pores that cause the formation of blackheads beneath the surface.
4. Using apple cider vinegar to remove blackheads
Apple cider vinegar helps break down the substances that block skin pores leading to comedo formation. In the process, there is a cooling effect. There are antibacterial properties in apple cider vinegar that manage sebaceous filaments in the areas around the nose. Other than unblocking pores, apple cider will also maintain the skin PH, controlling the formation of acne and pimples, thus making the skin clear. For you to reap the most from this product, use the procedure below:
- Mix two tablespoons of water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Mix this solution and soak a cotton ball in it
- Using the cotton ball, apply the solution directly to the blackheads
- This process should be done on alternate days to achieve the desired results
Moisturizing is a significant step in all skincare routines – even for those people with skin prone to acne. All of the methods discussed above may rid the body of the essential oils and cause excessive drying. The kind of moisturizers you should use are the ones that are particularly formulated not to clog pores. Get rid of blackheads by regularly moisturizing your face.
Best way to remove blackheads on face
Below is a simplified guide that will come in handy if you want to get rid of blackheads painlessly and effectively:
- Wash your face using a water-soluble and mild cleanser and later apply a toner to improve the shape of the pores.
- Place a damp and warm facecloth on the face area where you intend to remove the blackheads for about two to three minutes and pat the skin till dry gently.
- Place a comedone spoon on top of the blackhead and gently apply pressure downward as you push the spoon forwards. Remove more of the cutis components by placing tissue over the finger and evenly and smoothly pushing downwards against the blackhead’s side. The process must be done once. If it fails to work, it means that the comedo is not ready to be removed. Do not force it – to avoid creating scabs that can cause scars.
- Complete the treatment using the best exfoliant with salicylic acid and apply a product containing sunscreen in the course of the day to guard against the harmful effects of UV rays on the body.
Now you know how to get rid of blackheads. Squeezing them using your fingers will not only damage your skin but also spread the bacteria causing the breakouts that can aggravate the acne further. For fast clearing of acne, visit an expert skin therapist to extract the blackheads on the chin and other body parts. Since dehydration makes the extraction process hard, make sure that you moisturize your skin and drink plenty of water.
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
READ ALSO: How to lose face fat quickly and painlessly