Do you want to know how to insert signature in Word on different devices? There are several methods to do it, and we want to share with you the most convenient options.
Anyone can find a method to insert signature in Word according to his or her needs. In some cases, it is enough to add a special line, in others, your electronic signature should be used
The easiest methods to insert signature in Word
A handwritten signature gives your document an official status and personal touch. There are two ways to add signature to Word, and the first method is to scan your handwritten signature and insert it as a picture in your document. Another method is to insert a signature line to the document and sign it after printing.
How to add signature in Word: How to insert an image of a handwritten signature in your document (Windows)
Note that one needs to use a scanner to implement this method.
- The first step is to write your signature legibly on a white piece of paper.
- Scan this piece of paper, and save it on your computer in one of the common file formats such as JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG
- Open the file with this image and crop it. To do this, open Picture Tools Format tab, and select Crop option.
- After cropping, right-click on the picture and choose the option Save as Picture. After that, you will have the cropped image as a separate file.
- After that, in the upper menu of your World document, choose Insert option and select Pictures.
- Choose the image of your signature and insert it into the document.
- Adjust the size and position of the image, and it is done.
How to sign a document in Word: How to insert a signature line(Windows)
This method is even easier than the previous one. Word has a Signature Line command that makes the process even faster:
- Click on the place where you want to add the line.
- Click Insert and choose the option Signature Line.
- Click Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- Type your name in Signature Setup box, and click OK. After that, the line appears in your document.
READ ALSO: How to double space in Word
How to add a signature in Word on MacOS?
The method is almost the same, you just need to add an image of your handwritten signature. Here is how to do it on MacOS computers:
- The first step is the same, you just need to write your signature on a white piece of paper
- Scan it and save in one of these formats: JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG.
- In the upper menu of Word, findh te Insert tab, click Pictures and select option Picture from File.
- Choose the image of your signature and click Insert.
- Click on the image to open the Picture Format tab.
- On the Picture Format tab, click Crop, and then crop the signature.
- Right-click the picture, and save the image as a different file that can be used in other documents.
How to add an electronic signature in Word document?
A digital signature is a Word stamp of authentication. To create such type of signature, you should have a signing certificate that proves your identity. Note that when you send a digitally-signed document, you also send your certificate as well as the public key. Usually, such a certificate is valid for a year and needs to be renewed.
How to sign a Word document: How to add a digital signature with the help of signature line
- Open the Microsoft Word document and click on the place where you want to add your signature.
- On the upper menu, select Insert and click Signature Line in the Text group.
- After that, a Signature Setup pop-up box should appear. Enter all the needed information in the text fields and click OK.
- You will see a signature line in the document. Double-click this signature line.
- In the Sign pop-up box, you may type your name and select your signing certificate. You can also check the Certificate Details to make sure that you chose the right certificate.
- After checking the certificate, click OK to save all settings.
How to insert a signature in Word on iPhone
The first method to sign a World document on your iPhone is to add a signature line. To do this, locate the underscore key on your keyboard, and then hold the key down until the line is sufficiently long.
Another method to add a signature line is to use a single-cell table:
- Place the cursor where you want the line to appear.
- Tap the Insert tab and tap the Table icon.
- Tap the Edit icon, tap Home to expand the ribbon, tap Insert, and then tap the Table icon.
- On the Table tab, tap Delete.
- Leave only the first cell of the table (Delete rows and columns).
- Tap Table Styles on the Table tab.
- Select a style that has a gridline under the header row, but has no other gridlines. There should be only a single signature line in your document.
As you see, there are a number of methods that allow one to insert signature in Word. Different methods may be suitable for different cases. Choose the method that fits your needs.
READ ALSO: How to print double sided on Word on PC and Mac?