- AFCON 2019 tournament has entered the quarterfinal stages which will start on July 10
- Players like Odion Ighalo, Sadio Mane, Adams Ounas, Cedric Bakambu have all scored 3 goals
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo is expected to lead his side's attack against South Africa
Eight teams are now left competing at the ongoing 2019 African Cup of Nations following the elimination of reigning champions Cameroon and hosts Egypt.
Cameroon suffered a disappointing 3-2 defeat against Nigeria in the round of 16 encounter, while Egypt were sent out surprisingly by South Africa also in the knockout stages.
Senegal, Benin, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Algeria, Madagascar and Super Eagles of Nigeria are the remaining eight teams at the 2019 AFCON.
Algeria and Senegal have been tipped to win this 2019 AFCON considering their performances so far in the tournament, but they will face strong competition from other nations.
The fight for who wins the Golden Boot award at the 2019 AFCON has also began with the likes of Odion Ighalo and Sadio Mane leading the race.
Memorable past winners of the prize have included Rashidi Yekini, Patrick Mboma and Samuel Eto'o.
In this report, we take a look at how the goal-scoring chart looks like ahead of the quarterfinal encounters which will start on Wednesday, July 10.
Players Goals Assists
1. Odion Ighalo of Nigeria 3 1
2. Adam Ounas of Algeria 3 1
3. Sadio Mane of Senegal 3 0
4. Cedric Bakambu of DR Congo 3 0
5. Stephane Bahoken of Cameroon 2 0
6. Andriamahitsinoro of Madagascar 2 1
7. Mohamed Yattara of Guinea 2 0
8. Wilfried Zaha of Ivory Coast 2 0
9. Youcef Belaili of Algeria 2 0
10. Michael Olunga 2 0
11. Riyad Mahrez of Algeria 2 0
12. Mickael Pote of Benin 2 0
13. Emmanuel Okwi of Uganda 2 0
14. Ahmed El Mohamady of Egypt 2 0
15. Mohamed Salah of Egypt 2 0
16. Youssef En-Nesyri of Morocco 2 0
17. Jordan Ayew of Ghana 2 0
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Odion Ighalo was rewarded for his five-star performance against Cameroon as the Super Eagles qualified to play South Africa in the quarter finals.
The Shanghai Shenhua striker scored a brace in the highly entertaining fixture that saw Nigeria come from behind to beat the Indomitable Lions 3-2 at the Alexander Stadium.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Super Eagles team co-coordinator Pascal reveals what happened after Argentina beat Nigeria| Legit TV