Creating c in Microsoft Word depends on the operating system you are running. The most popular nowadays are Windows and MacOS. So it would be reasonable to review methods on how to make checkboxes in Word for both of them.eed to be filled out on the computer, the second is convenient for printed documents.c
The procedure behind creating checkboxes in Microsoft Word depends on the operating system you are running. The most popular ones nowadays are Windows and MacOS. As such, it would be reasonable to review methods on how to make checkboxes in Word for both of them.
How to insert checkbox in Word for Windows OS
To create fillable forms with check marks, you first need to activate the Developer tab. To do this:
- Open the File menu.
- Click on Options.
- Click the Customize Ribbon tab.
- Select the Main Tabs option from the Customize the Ribbon drop-down list.
- Tick the Developer box and click OK.
Now you can see a new tab with tools for developers on the toolbar and add a Checkbox control to the document. For example, if you are creating a poll with several answers, execute the following steps:
- Write down the question and answer options.
- Click the Developer tab.
- Click the Checkbox Content Control icon.
- Now you can repeat the same procedure for all answer choices – a flag will appear next to each option.
Checkboxes for printed documents
The second method is suitable for creating documents that need to be printed out on a paper. It will require the insertion of markers (bullets). You need to do this:
- Open the Home tab, and you will see a button for inserting markers in the Paragraph section.
- Click the small arrow next to this button and select Define New Bullet.
- Select the Symbol option in the dialogue box that will appear to define a new marker.
- When the symbol selection window opens, you will see many different options. At the top of the window, there is a drop-down list. Open it and do the following:
- Click on it and select Wingdings 2.
- Enter 163 in the Character Code field to automatically switch to the most suitable checkbox in Word.
The next time you need to insert such a symbol, simply click on the small arrow next to the button for selecting markers, and you will see it alongside the default symbols.
Of course, you can try experimenting by setting up markers using different symbols. Perhaps you will find better options than the usual check mark.
How to add checkbox in Word for MacOS
To create a form in Word, you can start with a template or an empty document, adding content controls to it. After that, other users will be able to fill out this form in Word on their computers and print it if necessary.
READ ALSO: How to delete all photos from iPhone: the fastest way
In the text box, users can enter text. In the list box, users can select the desired item from the list of options provided or enter their own data.
To start creating checkboxes, you will need to display the Developer tab as well. To do this, you will need to:
- Click Preferences on the Word menu.
- In the Ribbon and Tools section, click the Developer.
- Now you can get started with a blank document and create your own form from scratch.
- To save time, you can use a template.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click New from Template.
- Enter the "form" in the search box.
- Double-click the template you want to use.
If you want to create your own checkbox, you will need to do the following:
- In the document, click the position where you want to add the content control.
- On the Developer tab, select Text Box, Checkbox or Combo Box.
You can also click on Options if you want to customise your checkboxes.
Now you know how to insert checkbox in Word for different operating systems. If you work with documents, this knowledge will definitely be handy for you.
READ ALSO: How to approve iPhone from Mac or PC