10 wedding guests die from generator fumes in Imo

10 wedding guests die from generator fumes in Imo

- 10 wedding guests have been found dead and 20 hospitalised in Imo

- Reports claim that the tragedy occurred after the guests were left to inhale generator fumes overnight

- It was gathered the the guests were hosted by the newly-wed couple who placed their generator in the kitchen and locked all doors and windows

Reports reaching Legit.ng state that a celebration of love has turned into mourning after 10 wedding guests died and twenty others got hospitalised on June 10, in Umuomumu Mbieri, Mbaitoli local government area of Imo state.

The Nation reports that a newly-wed couple hosted their wedding guests from Anambra and had them pass the night at their home after the wedding ceremony. Due to failure of power supply, they ran their generator overnight and put it in the kitchen, locking all doors and windows.

By morning, ten of the guests were found dead while twenty others were rushed to Ikeduru General Hospital in Imo after having inhaled excess generator fumes.

READ ALSO: Deeper Life Church allegedly suspends couple’s wedding for eating from same plate

It was reported that Rabiu Ladodo, Imo state commissioner of police, confirmed the development and stated that “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

10 wedding guests die from generator fumes in Imo

Generator fumes are known to be dangerous to human organs when inhaled (Picture/UGC)
Source: UGC

Generator fumes are known to be parked with carbon-dioxide which when inhaled in excess by human cause damage to internal organs.

Did you know? NAIJ.com (naija.ng) is now-> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.

Many have lost their lives due to inhaling generator fume. Similar tragedy had struck in Edo state months back, when a man identified as Tochukwu Okwueze, lost his entire family after they reportedly inhaled fume from generating set.

Okwueze’s wife and five children were found dead by his neighbours on Tuesday, June 19.

PAY ATTENTION: Get your daily relationship tips and advice on Africa Love Aid group

PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app

What has changed in Nigeria since the last election? on Legit TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel