- The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 15,490 withheld result
- Recall that the board withheld the results after the candidates were suspected of being involved in one examination infraction or another
- The board carried out review after which it classified candidates with suspected infractions into five groups
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 15,490 results of candidates who were suspected of being involved in one examination infraction or another.
The disclosure was made in a statement by the spokesperson for the board, Fabian Benjamin, Premium Time reports.
Legit.ng notes that the statement read: "The board probed the identity and involvement of some candidates who were suspected of being involved in one examination infraction or another, the Board has further cleared and released the results of 15,490 candidates in this category."
The board classified candidates with suspected infractions into five groups at the conclusion of the review exercise it carried out.
The first category includes candidates who have sufficiently proved their innocence, the second category are those with inconclusive evidence of culpability, the third category includes
The statement further read: "Consequently, the results of categories (i)and (ii) were part of the 15,490 released on Saturday, 8th June, 2019. They are to send RESULT to 55019 for their result."
According to Benjamin, category three includes those whose upload of evidence necessitated further interrogation.
The statement continued: "The third categories have been notified and invited (through phone call, their profile, text message and email) to designated centres across the country for further clarification of the evidence against them. It is in their interest to attend otherwise the evidence will be taken as conclusive."
”For category four, those whose culpability have been firmly established thus necessitating the cancellation of their results. A total of additional 321 results were therefore conclusively cancelled and the candidates are being notified."
The spokesperson said the fifth category are those who did not heed the advice to upload evidence of their identity.
According to Benjamin, there is incontrovertible evidence of their culpability.
The statement added: "They also have their results cancelled along with category (iv) above. Further more, four additional CBT centres were found culpable and were also delisted,” he said.
"The Board will continue to deploy cutting-edge technology and also engage the services of globally-acclaimed experts to ensure that the sanctity of its examination is protected."
Legit.ng previously reported that the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) announced the release of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The registrar of the board, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, said the results of the examination were released on Saturday, May 11.
Nigerians express mixed feelings as JAMB reduces admission cut-off to 120 | Legit TV