- Neymar earned twice as much as NBA star James Harden in 2018
- The PSG forward raked in $90 million in salary and endorsement to emerge top
- Paul Pogba and Gareth Bale are the other football stars who also made the list
Despite having a relatively difficult campaign riddled with injuries in the just concluded 2018/19 season, Neymar could be smiling all the way to the bank after emerging world's highest-earning athlete under the age of 30.
It is understood the Paris Saint-Germain raked in a massive $90 million in both salaries and endorsements to emerge top.
Owing to his elite talent in football and strong brand, Neymar pulled in over double the amount of money NBA star, James Harden, earned in the year in review.
The star forward is arguably one of the most marketable faces in the world of sport, attracting massive contracts with multi-billion brands globally.
American giants Nike have invested heavily into Neymar, along with the likes of Gillette, Red Bull, Beats by Dre, Replay and Gol Airlines.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Manchester United star, Paul Pogba, and Real Madrid's Gareth Bale also made the list researched by American Gambler.
Ex-Chelsea star Oscar is perhaps the surprising fourth footballer who was ranked, after making vast earnings following his switch to the Chinese Super League.
Here are the top 15 highest paid sports stars under 30:
1. Neymar (Football) - $90m
2. James Harden (Basketball) - $46m
3. Canelo Alvarez (Boxing) - $44m
4. Derek Carr (NFL) - $42m
5. Jordan Spieth (Golf) - $41m
6. Damian Lillard (Basketball) - $39m
7. Anthony Joshua (Boxing) - $39m
8. Trumaine Johnson (NFL) - $37m
9. Jimmy Garoppolo (NFL) - $36m
10. Kyrie Irving (Basketball) - $36m
11. Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball) - $35m
12. Anthony Davis (Basketball) - $34m
13. Gareth Bale (Football) - $34m
14. Kei Nishikori (Tennis) - $34m
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Neymar Sr., has made stunning comments on the allegations surrounding his son Neymar Jr., saying after the PSG striker's Instagram video in which he defended himself was taken down.
A woman filed a police report in Brazil on Friday, May 31, saying that the 27-year-old took advantage of her.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.
Can Nigeria win AFCON 2019 with the current crop of players?| Legit TV