Imo: Okorocha's son-in-law attacks Ihedioha over handover notes ultimatum

Imo: Okorocha's son-in-law attacks Ihedioha over handover notes ultimatum

- Action Alliance candidate and son-in-law to ex-Imo governor Okorocha has accused Ihedioha of being unready for governance of the state

- Nwosu said Ihedioha's complains of having no handover notes to work with were only excuses to buy him time for having no plans on how to govern the state

- Ihedioha should immediately unveil his plans and get to work if he is really ready and not engage in trying to dirty the image of Okorocha, Nwosu said

Uche Nwosu, the son-in-law to former Imo state governor Rochas Okorocha, has attacked his successor Emeka Ihedioha over claims that the former chief executive did not leave behind handover notes as required.

Nwosu, who was the governorship candidate of the Action Alliance in the March 2019 elections, said Ihedioha was only making up excuses for his lack of preparedness.

READ ALSO: Key Boko Haram ammunition supplier finally arrested in Borno

The Nation reports that he accused Ihedioha of having no plans for the people of Imo state and was only using the claim of no handover notes to cover for his ineptness.

Nwosu said Ihedioha “showed that he is not serious and does not seem to have any cutout plan or blueprint for governance, except the desperation to grab power”.

He added: "The people of Imo state did not vote for him to start chasing shadows. For the time he will stay as the governor, he should unfold his plans and programme for the people.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

"No one is interested in excuses, what the people want is performance and nothing less. The people want concrete statement on what the programmes of the government are, what the government intends to do and how it would deliver dividends of democracy to them and not embarking on a mission to pull down Rochas Okorocha”.

Legit.ng had earlier reported that Okorocha himself told the new governor Ihedioha, to focus on governance instead of blackmailing him.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Okorocha made the statement in response to Ihedioha’s directive mandating officials of the former administration to handover in 24 hours.

In a statement on Monday, June 3, by Sam Onwuemeodo, his media aide, Okorocha dismissed the claims by Ihedioha that the administration failed to handover before leaving office.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Can Sanwoolu better Ambode’s performance in 4 years? - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel