Commander, others reportedly missing in 2 Boko Haram attacks in Borno

Commander, others reportedly missing in 2 Boko Haram attacks in Borno

- Two military bases in Borno have been attacked by some Boko Haram terrorists

- The attack reportedly claimed the life of a soldier

- Also, six other members of the Nigerian Army troops, including a commander are said to be missing in the attack

Some Boko Haram terrorists on Saturday, June 1, attacked two military bases in Borno state.

The attack, Vanguard reports were launched on troops of the 192 Battalion deployed to Delwa village, along Maiduguri-Damboa Road in Konduga local government area, and soldiers attached to 242 Battalion in Marte local government area towards Lake Chad.

Sources within the Nigerian Army said six soldiers are currently missing after the attack.

The source also said that one of the soldiers was feared dead as there was “unquantifiable” loss of combat equipment following the attack.

It was also gathered that the attacks by the terrorists were coordinated and was carried out at the same time - 6 pm - on Saturday, June 1.

READ ALSO: Breaking: Saraki makes fresh appointment days to his handover

The source also said that the attack on 192 Battalion was reportedly launched from Alagarno Forest in Damboa local government area.

Four Armoured Personnel Carriers and 12 gun trucks were used for the attack which a reinforcement by troops from Maiduguri stalled.

According to the military source, the reinforcement helped in the retake of the base after the terrorists had withdrawn.

Also, a T55 armoured tank was burnt by the terrorists who made away with two gun trucks, a canter truck, one APC, mortal gun and unquantifiable ammunition.

The source said: “Re-organisation of the camp is currently ongoing."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army, on Saturday, October 6, appealed to the residents of Dura - Du district and its environs in the Jos South local government area of Plateau state not to flee their homes over a missing retired officer.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The headquarters of the 3 division of the Nigerian Army said it is aware of reports that the residents had fled and abandoned their homes and business premises to avoid being clamped down by the troops involved in the search and rescue operation for the missing retired senior officer.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

TY Danjuma, Nigerian army and the herdsmen crisis | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel