Insecurity threatening Nigeria’s existence - Chief of defence staff

Insecurity threatening Nigeria’s existence - Chief of defence staff

Abayomi Olonisakin, chief of defence staff (CDS), raised an alarm over the prevailing insecurity across Nigeria, saying the situation is threatening the country's existence.

The Cable reports that Olonisakin said this on Saturday, May 25, at the closing ceremony of the joint campaign planning course at the Defence Intelligence College in Abuja.

The CDS who was represented by Paul Ohemu, deputy director of training, said the security challenges must be tackled through collective efforts.

READ ALSO: Lai Mohammed loses grip on influential Kwara APC chieftains

Olonisakin lamented the gap in synergies among the security agencies in the country.

He said: “The challenges we face today threaten the corporate existence of our dear nation.

“Fighting these challenges is a collective effort and success hinges on sound planning and synergy.

“It is premised on this,that I am particularly delighted that the course, was organized and designed to address key gaps in joint operations undertaken by our Armed Forces.

“That the objectives of the course which among others included equipping the participants with the skills required for the integration of concepts in the planning stages of the campaigns were attained.

“It is not surprising to learn that the instructional periods provoked very fulfilling interaction among you participants on the best approaches to joint campaign planning.”

The college had trained about 30 participants selected across security agencies on the joint campaign planning course which is aimed at tackling the security challenges facing the country.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Army denied media reports that 25 soldiers were killed in an attack coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents in Borno state.

The director, army public relations, Colonel Sagir Musa, made the denial in Maiduguri on Sunday, May 26.

Some reports had claimed that 25 soldiers were killed on Saturday, May 25, when the insurgents attacked a military convoy evacuating civilians on Damboa-Biu road.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Obasanjo bombs Buhari again, says FG is empowering Boko Haram | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel