- National Assembly equipment are reportedly being sold at cheap prices to outgoing lawmakers
- The equipment valued at over 3 million was reportedly sold at N367,479
- According to report, the payments will be deducted from the severance package of the beneficiaries
- Meanwhile, some National Assembly workers are said to be unhappy at the development
Outgoing members of the National Assembly are reportedly buying office equipment which they used at cheap prices.
According to The Nation, payment for the equipment will be deducted from the severance package of the beneficiaries.
The news outlet claimed that some of the lawmakers gave the acquired items to their aides and supporters while others chose to sell theirs to willing buyers within the National Assembly complex.
As a result of this, some National Assembly workers were said to be shocked at the development, especially at the low prices the items were being given away.
“It is unfortunate because the equipment cost much more than what they are being given out for. It is no excuse that the equipment are tagged used because you can’t get them for those ridiculous prices outside.
“Meanwhile, incoming lawmakers must be provided with a new set of these equipments. What is wrong with these ones being given away that the incoming lawmakers cannot use, even for the next four years. Why do they have the Maintenance Department if any of the equipment breaks down?” one was quoted to have said.
Here is a breakdown of the prices lawmakers are reportedly buying some items:
1. Samsung double door refrigerator - N25,000
2. HP Envy Core 13 - N49,000
3. Apple Ipad Air computer - N41,980
4. LED TV Samsung UA4600AR 50 - N59,500
5. Shredding machine - N19,800
6. Water dispenser with bottle - N8,990
7. Photocopying machine Sharp Copier AR 6021 - N57,172.00
8. Scanner HP Scanjet Pro 3900 Fi - N20,130.00
9. HP Laserjet Pro M201 - N10,038.00
10. Desktop Computer Model Envy 23″ Touch screen; and Suit hanger - N1,900.00.
Meanwhile, here is the current market value of the items, according to sources
1. Led television - N300,000
2. HP Envy Core 13 - N400,000
3. HP Desktop Envy23″ - N420,000
4. Samsung double door refrigerator - N315; 000
5. Sharp Copier AR6023 - N380; 000
6. HP Laserjet M201 dw - N120,000
7. HP Scanjet Pro 3500F1 - N195,000
8. Cway water dispenser - N50,000.
Any member taking the entire 11 items would pay N349,970,50, with N17,498.83 as VAT for items.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the National Assembly is reportedly making a final move through a bill to remove Ibrahim Magu from his position as acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.
Nigeria Latest News: Federal High Court Grants Fayose Bail | - on Legit TV.