Did you know that while you are dreaming, you are capable of doing some things that feel real? Perhaps you had no idea that you can actually do it. Some people have been very curious on how to lucid dream. No need to feel anxious about it. It is normal, yet risky at times. Lucid dreams are what we would describe as a not so boring yet not so safe activity for one to indulge themselves in.
In case you are wondering how to lucid dream, you need first to understand what they are. Lucid dreams or comprehensible dreams are ones in which a person while in their sleep becomes aware that they are dreaming. When you are having these dreams, your mind is awake while your body is still sleeping. Comprehensible dreams call for a stable mind. You need to have enough rest for your mind to stay healthy. However, the best approach is to have the ability and control over your dreams.
How to have a lucid dream
For most people, comprehensible dreams occur when they are half awake. How to experience comprehensible dream is not as easy as it sounds, because some people can wake up once they recognize that they had comprehensible dreaming.
Are you looking for lucid dreaming tips? For those wishing on how to lucid dream tonight, here are lucid dreaming techniques, or in other words, a lucid dreaming guide:
- Ensure that your bedroom is conducive, or have it hospitable for you.
- Always write down what you remember from your dreams; you can record yourself while having your dreams for you to remember what you were dreaming about.
- From your sleeping journals, you need to recognize your dreaming patterns.
- You also need to have your reality checks. Observe any different changes, from your timings in your dreams since, in reality, nothing changes.
- You need to keep up with a constant habit. You can use the start having the mnemonic induction to lucid dreaming (MILD) technique. Using statements such as, “I know I am dreaming” to have your brain fully aware that you are dreaming will help you.
- Get back to sleeping.
- When you are having your comprehensible dreams, your body may feel as though you are paralyzed. Inducting a sleep paralysis is essential as your mind is fully aware that you are only dreaming. This is, in other words, how to induce lucid dreaming.
- Try the wake back technique. This will help your mind to be still awake. However, it has higher chances of affecting your sleep.
- Try to indulge in an activity; in this case, the most recommended one is taking up video gaming. It is an activity that will help you recall your dream.
- Try to keep your dream going as this will help you keep up in the dreams.
Benefits of lucid dreaming
Here is why it matters to have comprehensible dreams:
- You get to be in control of what you are fascinated about.
- You get the ability to get over your fears.
- Comprehensible dreaming helps you become much more creative as you get to tap into your inner self and have the free will to adventure.
- If you lost someone, comprehensible dreaming helps you get in touch and interact with them.
- You get to talk with your subconscious self.
- While having comprehensible dreams, you can practice some of your real life skills in which you get to improve on, to be better in reality.
- If you experience comprehensible dreams, you get to enjoy better and much more restful sleep.
- While having comprehensible dreams, you reduce the chances of having nightmares.
READ ALSO: Biblical meaning of bathing in a dream
Dangers of lucid dreaming
However, as stated earlier, having comprehensible dreams is not always going to be fun. Below are some of the highlighted dangers:
- Even though your mind is awake when dreaming, the fact that your body is still asleep is a danger. Anything can happen while you are on your dream world, and you would not be in a position to help move your body, till you jump from your dreams.
- It is an addictive way to avoid getting back to reality if you are using your dreams as a way of escaping something.
Learning how to lucid dream is not that difficult; it is something that you should try out. If you have never done it well, there is always a first time for everything. Do not hold yourself back because it has its dangers. Now that you are aware of how to have lucid dreams consider it as an affordable leisure activity. Remember that when having comprehensible dreams, you are in control of what takes place. Whatever happens, takes place in your mind. This means that you have complete control, so make it a pleasurable experience and have some fun.
DISCLAIMER: This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
READ ALSO: Eating in the dream - what does it mean?