Marcos Alonso casts doubt on his Chelsea future despite recently signing new deal

Marcos Alonso casts doubt on his Chelsea future despite recently signing new deal

- Marcos Alonso could follow Eden Hazard out of Chelsea this summer

- The Spaniard recently signed a new deal with the Blues until the summer of 2023

- Alonso's struggles under Maurizio Sarri might push him out of the club untimely

Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso has hinted that he might be leaving the Stamford Bridge this summer in spite of the club's inability to sign players in the next two transfer windows.

The 28-year-old Spaniard scored two goals and four assists in 31 Premier League appearances for the Blues last season.

He has also scored two goals in four Europa League appearances so far, and will hope to increase his tally when his side battle Arsenal in the final of the UEFA organised competition.

READ ALSO: Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea tell Juventus to pay £5m for Italian born tactician

However, SunSport quoting Evening Standard claims the Spanish football star wants to leave Chelsea owing to his lack of form under Italian boss Maurizio Sarri.

When asked about how he feels at his present club, Alonso said: "I am very happy here but we will see what happens this summer.

"There is always talk [like this]. Is it a compliment? Yes. It means I'm doing well if other teams are trying to get in touch.

"But first of all, I'm focusing on the final. I am very happy to have four more years here and hopefully, I will stay many more years here."

Alonso was one of the few players brought in by former boss Antonio Conte and played a crucial role in the Blues Premier League triumph in 2017.

The following year, he won the FA Cup with the London club after beating Manchester United by a lone goal at Wembley Stadium on May 19, 2018.

PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores

He has however struggled since Sarri's arrival, with the Italian deploying him as an orthodox left-back over his more-favoured wing-back role.

His performances have seen him targeted for criticism from Chelsea's fans and he was left on the bench for both legs of the semi-final against Eintracht Frankfurt.

He added: "For me personally, the path changed. I started very well, then the manager wanted different things from me.

"After that, I was trying to do what he wanted and then he told me he wanted to play like I was at the beginning of the season. So maybe that has conditioned a little bit the way of my game.

"Has the criticism from the fans affected me? No. Football is like this."

Legit.ng earlier reported that Chelsea superstar Marcos Alonso has signed a new five-year deal at Stamford Bridge thereby ending speculation that he could face the exits doors next year.

The 27-year-old left full back has been a revelation for the Blues since joining from Fiorentina two years ago.

His performances last season for Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League caught the interest of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

I didn't beg Messi for his jersey - Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Ezenwa - Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel