Hours after the Supreme Court nullified all votes cast for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 elections in Zamfara state, the highest court in the land has dismissed elections of the party candidates in the state.
Their sack came exactly five days to the swearing in of politicians who emerged victorious in the 2019 general election, the Supreme Court delivered a judgement that shook the party, The Cable reports.
In all, APC lost seven House of Representatives seats, three senatorial positions, 24 House of Assembly seats, and governorship.
Below is a full list of those affected by the ruling:
1. Tijjani Yahaya, Zamfara north
2. Aliyu Bilbis, Zamfara central
3. Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara west
House of Representatives
1. Muhammad Ibrahim Birnin-Mogaji Kaura-Namoda/Birnin Magaji federal constituency
2. Husaini Moriki Shinkafi/Zurmi federal constituency
3. Rikiji Garba Gusau/Tsafe federal constituency
3. Zubairu Bungudu Bungudu/Maru federal constituency
4. Sharu Anka Anka/Talata Mafara federal constituency
5. Muhammad Rini Bakura/Maradun federal constituency
6. Bukkuyum Jibo Gummi/Bukkuyum federal constituency
State House of Assembly:
1. Abubakar Kaura – Kaura Namoda south constituency
2. Kabiru Moyi – Birnin Magaji constituency
3. Yusif Moriki – Zurmi East constituency
4. Mannir Aliyu – Zurmi west constituency
5. Shehu Maiwurno – Shinkafi constituency
6. Aliyu Abubakar – Tsafe East constituency
7. Aminu Danjibua – Tsafe West constituency
8. Dalhatu Magami – Gusau East constituency
9. Sanusi Liman – Gusau West constituency
10. Ibrahim Hassan – Bungudu East constituency
11. Ibrahim Habu – Maru North constituency
12. Haruna Abdullahi – Maru south constituency
13. Mustapha Gado – Anka constituency
14. Isah Abdulmumini – Talata Mafara North constituency
15. Aliyu Kagara – Talata Mafara South constituency
16. Mohammed Sani – Bakura constituency
17. Yahaya Shehu – Maradun 1 constituency
18. Yahaya Abdullahi – Maradun 2 constituency
19. Aliyu Gayari – Gummi 1 constituency
20. Aminu Falale – Gummi 2 constituency
21. Yahaya Jibrin – Bukkuyum North constituency
22. Tukur Dantawasa – Bukkuyum South constituency
23. Lawan Liman – Kaura Namoda North constituency
24. Yakubu Bature – Bungudu West constituency
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that a five-member panel of justices, in the Supreme Court on Friday, May 24, nullified all votes cast for the APC in the 2019 elections in Zamfara state.
In the court's ruling, given by Justice Paul Adamu Galinji, the panel said that the APC in the state did not carry out primaries according to the party regulations.
The panel therefore described all votes cast for the APC as “wasted votes” and declared that all political parties with the second highest votes in the polls are elected to the different offices.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
2019 Election: We are retrogressing in Nigeria – 83-year-old man says after voting| Legit TV: