David Beckham claims Ferguson 'forced' him to shave off his mohawk hairstyle

David Beckham claims Ferguson 'forced' him to shave off his mohawk hairstyle

- David Beckham had just acquired a new hairstyle but was too scared to let Ferguson see it

- As such, he hid his mohawk under a beanie hours before United's Charity Shield tie against Chelsea

- However, upon seeing it, Ferguson ordered the former England star to shave it off before the game

Former Manchester United star, David Beckham, has opened up on how legendary manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, made him shave off his new mohawk at Wembley Stadium dressing room.

Beckham had just acquired the latest extravagant hairstyle but was "too scared" to even show it to Ferguson.

READ ALSO: Ashley Massaro, WWE star and Playboy model, dies at 39

"I walked in the changing room and he hadn't seen it because I was too scared to even show him," Beckham recalled when reliving the 20th anniversary of United's Treble season to Otro.

He therefore hid it under a beanie hat he had been sporting through training sessions the previous day.

This was in the build-up to the Charity Shield encounter with Chelsea in 2000, a traditional curtain-raiser match in the Premier League.

However, upon sighting Beckham's new look, Ferguson was displeased, and made his star man get rid of it before letting him onto the pitch.

PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football app for FREE to easily access stats, news and live updates

"I'd gone into training the day before with a beanie on, trained in a beanie, gone back, walked in the hotel, had a beanie on, had dinner, beanie on, breakfast beanie on, bus on way to stadium - beanie," Beckham narrates.
"I giggled and he was like "no, I'm serious. Go and shave it off". So I had to find a pair of clippers and I shaved it off in Wembley Stadium. Manager always rules," he added.

The Red Devils however went on to lose the tie 2-0 to the Blues, with goals from Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink and Mario Melchiot condemning them to defeat.

Thankfully, Beckham eventually got to unveil the dream haircut at the end of that season during international duty with England.

The former Real Madrid star however believes the events that led to the run-in with Ferguson would not happen in modern day football.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that English lower League division Salford City have announced that former Manchester United winger David Beckham has become a shareholder in the National League side.

The Englishman is said to have secured a 10 percent shares of the club and therefore joins the likes of Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes who are also shareholders.

United 'Class of 92' currently own 60% of Salford City with the remaining 40% being held by Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Lionel Messi is a game changer and can destroy - Moses Simon | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel