- Some kidnappers on Monday, April took over the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway
- The motorist who were trapped on the road were said to have ran into the bush to avioid being kidnapped or killed in the process
- Also, some of these motorists and passengers are said to unaccounted for just as their belongings were carted away by the kidnappers
Kidnappers on Monday, April 29, afternoon blocked the Kaduna - Abuja Expressway forcing several motorists to abandon their vehicles and head for nearby bushes to avoid being abducted.
Members of the Police Anti-Terrorism Joint Squad during a prayer before embarking on Operation Pup Adder at Katari Town on Kaduna-Abuja Expressway in Kaduna, yesterday.
The development has left many motorists and passengers unaccounted for just as their belongings were carted away by the kidnappers.
A Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), who narrowly escaped the attack by the kidnappers reports that the incident happened a few kilometres to Katari village in Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna state at about 3.30 pm.
NAN also reports that hundreds of motorists traveling from Kaduna to Abuja as well as those going the other way found themselves stranded for more than 40 minutes as both lanes of the express way were blocked by cars hastily abandoned by their owners.
NAN Correspondent gathered that the bandits left the scene of the incident and moved into the bush with some of their victims before the arrival of some security men, who later cleared the road for the motorists to continue on their journeys.
Commenting on the incident, owner of the popular Shagalinku Restaurant in Abuja, Alhaji Umar Shagalinku, lauded the prompt intervention of the security personnel.
He, however, called on relevant security authorities to use modern technology including helicopters to track kidnappers.
“I have been hearing about this robbery and kidnapping along Kaduna - Abuja road but today I witnessed - this is terrible and ungodly. Kaduna imposes curfew in Kajuru “I sincerely pray that authorities concerned will do something about these criminals so that motorists will feel safe while plying this important road,” he said.
NAN reliably gathered the same bandits operated on the same highway Sunday (April 28).
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a civil servant kidnapped along Abuja-Kaduna expressway has ordered his family to sell his car and withdraw the last N2million in his account to meet the ransom demand of his abductors.
Muntari Yusuf was kidnapped alongside many other travellers on Tuesday, April 2 along the expressway while traveling to Abuja.
He reportedly works with the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET).
In a recorded telephone conversation with his brother, Nura, the kidnappers initially demanded N50 million.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Nigerian Air Force winged 10 flying officers | Legit TV