- The Nigerian Army says there was no attack on Konduga community in Borno state
- The army describes report of the attack as fake and baseless, urging the general public to disregard it
- According to the army, the report is a deliberate effort to smear and discredit the image and sacrifices of Operation Lafiya Dole
The Nigerian Army has dismissed report of attack on Konduga community in Borno state, describing it as a deliberate effort to smear and discredit the image and sacrifices of Operation Lafiya Dole.
The dismissal was contained in a statement by the deputy director of public relations, 7 Division Nigerian Army/Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Ado Isa.
Legit.ng gathers that the army described the report as fake and base, saying Konduga remains peaceful with no attack on the community.
The statement read: "In order to consolidate and maintain the tremendous successes achieved so far in the fight against insurgency, troops of Operation Lafiya Dole are currently conducting clearance operations within the Theatre and also projecting it further on the fringes of the Lake Chad Basin in collaboration with the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) lurking around the borders and deny them any freedom of action.
"However, despite all these efforts and glaring successes recorded as well as the peace enjoyed in most of the communities within the Theatre, sadly our attention was drawn to an online publication twitted yesterday Thursday 25 April 2019 on a purported massive attack on Konduga which was solely designed to cause severe panic, utter chaos and pandemonium within the communities.
"The publication is not only false but a deliberate effort to smear and discredit the image and sacrifices of the entire operation as well as the peace in the North East region and the country at large.
"Members of the general public are please requested to disregard the publication which is baseless and unsubstantiated as Konduga remain peaceful with no attack on the community. While we condemn this fabrication of falsehood, we call on the media to always seek clarification on issues of national security before going to press.
"We therefore urge the good people of Konduga and environs to go about their lawful activities with assurance that troops and other security agencies are on alert against any possible threat. Additionally, you are please requested to provide timely information on any suspicious activities within your communities for prompt action."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the chief of army staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, on Saturday, April 27, said the Nigerian Army would source for N1 billion to support its Vehicle Manufacturing Company (NAVMC).
Buratai said this at the Army’s Fire Power Demonstration at Camp Kabala Range, Jaji, marking the end of a week-long COAS Conference and CAT Week 2019.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
He said: “We are already sourcing for the sum of N1billion to support the NAVMC. You will be taken along. We have a number of investment in the army that have been generating some amount of money."
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV