Federal Fire Service reacts to attack on personnel

Federal Fire Service reacts to attack on personnel

- The controller general of the Federal Fire Service, Ibrahim Liman, has condemned attack on some of the service personnel by hoodlums in Abuja

- Liman said the recent attack on the fire service officials and destruction of fire truck is criminal

- The FFS boss also said the matter has been reported to the Nigeria Police for investigation and prosecution of those involved

The Federal Fire Service has condemned the recent attack on its personnel by some hoodlums in Lugbe area of Abuja.

The controller general of the Federal Fire Service, Ibrahim Liman, some personnel of the service who responded to a fire call at Federal Housing Authority (FHA) Estate in Lugbe, Abuja were attacked by hoodlums on arrival at the scene.

A statement by the FFS on its website said the unfortunate incident which took place at about 17:55 hrs on Sunday, April 21, led to the damaging of the fire truck that was taken to the scene.

Describing the attack as criminal, Liman said the incident has been reported to the Police for investigation and prosecution of those involved.

Liman also said he wondered why individuals will want to destroy fire trucks which are procured for the purpose of extinguishing fire and ensuring the safety of lives and property.

He further warned that on no account should any body attack firemen or fire trucks at fire scene as the FFS boss explained that the late response to fire scenes are as a result of late calls being put across to the service as last option after personal efforts to put out fire.

He urged every Nigerian to have the Fire Service emergency number nearest to them and also call the service in good time for prompt response.

Liman also advised motorists to give way to fire trucks in an emergency as obstruction of the truck has also been highlighted as one of the reasons for the delay in getting to fire scenes.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously the Lagos command of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) on Wednesday, April 10, confirmed that the state fire service chief, Rasaki Musibau, has regained freedom from his abductors.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

Musibau, according to the police public relations officer in Lagos, DSP Bala Elkana, was freed with his six co-victims unhurt at about 11.45 pm on Tuesday, April 9.

Elkana also confirmed that the victims, who were abducted on April 6, at Ketu-Ereyun area of the state, have been united with their families while the police continue to comb the creeks in Ikorodu area of the state.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Nigerians set 2nd term agenda for President Buhari | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel