Lagos state, according to the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in its Crime Rates In States across Nigeria (2017), has the highest percentage of reported crime rate.
“Lagos state has the highest percentage share of total cases reported with 50,975 (37.9%) cases recorded,” the NBS stated.
Despite Governor Akinwunmi Ambode's claim that the state has become one of the safest cities in Africa, residents of the economic nerve centre of Nigeria still face huge security challenges.
As Nigeria's economic powerhouse, employment opportunity in Lagos is very high when compared to other states in the country. Thus, many young Nigerians troop to the city in search of greener pastures.
A recurrent and dangerous occurrence in Lagos is the proliferation of fake job venues and ritualist centres in the city. Young and unsuspecting residents of the city who are looking for jobs and other relevant opportunities are often lured to fake job venues where they are robbed of their belongings.
At the extreme, some are lured into ritualists' den through fake jobs adverts.
A Nigerian Twitter user, Tiffany Diepiriye, provided a list of some of the prominent addresses used as venues for the fake jobs.
Diepiriye added that some of the listed addresses are also being used by ritualists.
1. Plot 5,Voda Paint Plc,University Press House,Fumec Bus Stop Off Adeniyi Jones Ogba Lagos.
2. 3rd floor, 8 Thomas Salako Street, Ogba Bus-Stop, Ikeja Lagos
3. No 2, Sunday street, off Ikorodu, Palmgrove, Lagos
4. 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.
5. HYINSCO Office. No. 4, 2nd floor, upward Sanitas outlet, Alara street, Off commercial avenue, Onike, Sabo Yaba, Lagos.
6. Plot 5, university press building, along industrial road, Ogba, Lagos.
7. 4B, Ogungbeye street Oppt African shine by cadbury bus stop, Agidingbi ikeja Lagos
8. Plot 14, Block A, Voda Paint, Surulere House, Off Fumec bus-stop, Surulere industrial road, Ogba, Lagos.
9. No 4, Ahl Ogungbeye Street off Amaraolu road, opp Mega chicken bus stop by first gate, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.
10)1, Olabisi close, MENDE, Maryland (Lagos resident only) HR 080-7464-5567
11)32, olufemi Road, off ogunlana drive, Surulere Lagos, YDNJI.
12) 13, Ajumobi street, off Acme Road, Mega chicken bus stop, Ikeja, Lagos.
13) 6, Deji oyenuga Street, opp Kehinde odusote Estate, Anthony Village.
Note that Legit.ng has not independently verified the listed addresses.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Legit.ng in 2017 published an investigative piece on the thriving business of job scam in Nigeria.
Lagos Police Commissioner parades suspected criminals (Nigeria News) | Legit TV: