The international terrorist organisation, ISIS, has reportedly released a photo of the terrorists responsible for the Sri Lanka bombings.
Recall that at least three churches were hit by explosions on Sunday, April 21, during Easter celebrations, leaving more than 200 people injured and at least 320 dead in Sri Lanka, Colombo's capital.
A number of Sri Lanka's five-star hotels were also struck by bomb blasts. Legit.ng learnt the churches affected were St Anthony in Colombo's Kochcikade, St Sebastian's church in Negombo, and another in Batticaloa, located some 250km east of Sri Lanka.
The Islamic State group on Tuesday, April 23, claimed responsibility for the devastating series of suicide attacks against churches and hotels.
The claim was made as a Sri Lankan police source said that two Muslim brothers, sons of a wealthy Colombo spice trader, blew themselves up at the Shangri-La and the Cinnamon Grand hotels, during the co-ordinated attacks on Sunday.
The ISIS claim, accompanied by a photo of the men the group said had unleashed the carnage, emerged days after the near-simultaneous blasts ripped through three high-end hotels popular with foreigners and three churches packed with Christians marking Easter.
Meanwhile, Sri Lanka’s government had said initial investigations suggested the attack had been carried out as “retaliation” for shootings at two mosques in New Zealand last month that killed 50 people.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Earlier, Legit.ng earlier reported that the authorities of the Sri Lankan declared a state of emergency following the deadly bomb attack.
The Sri Lankan president, Maithripala Sirisena, declared the nationwide emergency from midnight on Monday, April 22.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better
Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| Legit TV