American boxer Jarrell Miller pleads for mercy after fight with Anthony Joshua was cancelled

American boxer Jarrell Miller pleads for mercy after fight with Anthony Joshua was cancelled

- Jarrell Miller admitted he 'messed up' after his June 1 fight with Anthony Joshua fight was called off

- Reported banned substance test failures forced the canceling of the fight slated New York to be cancelled

- In a video message on Instagram, the American boxer stressed it was 'time to do right'

Jarrell Miller admitted he 'messed up' after failing a second test for banned substance that saw his world title fight against Nigerian-born Anthony Joshua scrapped less than two months to June 1 fight date.

In a video message on social media channel, Instagram, the American pugilist admitted he is ready to humble himself with 'time to do right' and vowed to 'come back better'.

Miller’s was on the verge of being disqualified from the New York heavyweight bout on June 1, after the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) revealed to both camps the presence of ‘foreign objects’ in the boxer's sample during a routine test for banned substance, resulting to him being denied a licence to fight at Madison Square Garden.

READ ALSO: Tottenham reportedly will demand £40m for Kieran Trippier amid Man United interest

Miller opted to for a further sample in order to reapply for licence to challenge Joshua, but after turning out positive again for the banned substance it was clearly evident the fight will no longer hold, promoter Eddie Hearn noted.

Reacting earlier after the previous finding on Tuesday, April 16, Miller took to Instagram and tresed that he had “never knowingly taken any banned substance and when I found out the news I was totally shocked.”

“My team and I stand for integrity, decency and honesty and together we will stand to fight this with everything we have.

“This was a voluntarily test that I was very happy to do and these results came just one week after another voluntarily test that I had taken which was completely clean,” he said.

However, on Friday, April 19, the boxer changed the sound of the music, telling fans: “I messed up. I made a bad call. (There were) a lot of ways to handle the situation, I handled it wrongly and I'm paying a price for it.

PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football app for FREE to easily access stats, news and live updates

“I messed up a big opportunity and I'm hurting on the inside. My heart is bleeding right now - I hurt my family, my friends, my team, my supporters.

“But, I'm owning up to it. I'm going to deal with it. I'm going to correct it. I'm going to come back better and I'm humbled by the experience,” added Miller, who stressed that that boxers “go through a lot” and would not like to his fellow fighters a “bad name.”

Earlier, Legit.ng reported Anthony Joshua will fight a new opponent on June 1 after America’s Jarrell Miller was sent packing after returning positive in a second test for a banned substance, says Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

According to the BBC, Miller was previously denied a license to fight on June 1 after failing the first test from an earlier sample taken on March 20.

Hearn revealed Miller had "failed a second separate test for a further substance,” even as he disclosed that a new opponent will be announced next week to face Joshua, who currently holds the British IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight belts.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Lionel Messi is a game changer and can destroy - Moses Simon | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel