- A yet-to-be identified foreign tourist has been killed alongside three others by gunmen in Kajuru area of Kaduna state
- Another three were abducted by the gunmen suspected to be kidnappers at Kajuru Castle
- Kaduna police has confirmed the incident but said fewere number of people were killed and abducted
Fresh violence in Kajuru local government area of Kaduna state has led to the death of a foreign tourist and three others.
Daily Trust reports that gunmen suspected to be kidnappers attacked the popular Kajuru Castle around 11:30 am on Friday, April 19 to carry out the dastardly act.
The national news daily reports further that the female foreign tourist was at the place from Legos with other friends as tourists.
“We understand she was gunned down from the hill by the kidnappers, who tried to gain entrance into the castle but failed.
“They took away about five other locals since last night but one person escaped,” a resident said.
The incident has been confirmed by the State Police Command in a statement. According to the release by force spokesman DSP Yakubu Sabo, only two people were killed.
The Spokesman also said that only three people were abducted and that a team of police officers, led by the DPO Kajuru, evacuated the victims to Saint Gerald hospital.
He said: “We received an information through DPO Kajuru that at about 23:40hrs, some suspected Kidnappers, armed with dangerous weapons, gained entry into a recreational resort called Kajuru Castle in Kajuru Local Government Area, shooting sporadically and in the process shot dead two persons, including an expatriate lady and took away three others.
“Patrol Teams, led by the DPO, rushed to the scene and evacuated the victims to St. Gerald Hospital. Investigation later revealed that the victims, along with twelve others, came from Lagos on tourism after which they organized a party at the Castle located at the Hill Top during which the incident happened.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Incidences of violence and insecurity has been worrying the president.
Legit.ng reported earlier that President Muhammadu Buhari expressed deep sadness at the latest killings in some northern states such as Adamawa and Taraba.
In a statement released by presidential spokesman Garba Shehu on Saturday, April 20, the Nigerian leader described the latest attacks as 'needless violence'.
According to the statement, which was also tweeted by Shehu, President Buhari said violence and bloodshed for whatever reason is unacceptable and condemnable, especially when it is coming as the nation celebrates Easter, with all the lessons of love and peace for humanity.
Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry - on Legit TV