Troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) killed 39 Boko Haram terrorists, captured many equipment from them, while 20 soldiers were wounded.
The spokesman of the task force, Col. Timothy Antigha, confirmed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday, April 17.
READ ALSO: President Buhari moves to dissolve cabinet, gives ministers deadline
Antigha said the terrorists were killed when they attacked troops position at Cross Kaura on Tuesday.
He said the wounded soldiers had been evacuated from the area of operation and now receiving adequate medical attention.
Meanwhile, the minister of information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has preformed excellently in the area of addressing insecurity and ensuring the country is safer than it was in 2015.
Mohammed made this known in Washington DC in an interview with Voice of America (VOA).
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
The information minister said that government has battled Boko Haram and secured the entire country from the insurgent group, adding that clashes in Benue have also been tackled.
Mohammed also added that criminal activities in the country, especially in Zamfara and Kaduna states have been solved because of the collaborations between security agencies.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: We have upgraded to serve you better
Obasanjo bombs Buhari again, says FG is empowering Boko Haram | Legit TV