A pastor who is the founder of Miracle Working God Ministry in Sapele, Delta state has lamented after his wife died from snake bite hours after their wedding. The man of God named Patrick Eyaefe recounted how the sheer negligence of a private hospital led to the death of his beloved.
According to Vanguard, the man who is 44 years old narrated the story of him and his late wife. According to him, they had been together for eight years, but they were yet to legalise the marriage. So, after all these years, he decided to do what was right.
With a growing ministry and five kids, the pastor went ahead to legally marry her but it would seem that decision is proving to be the worst choice he had made in life.
Patrick mournfully recounted how his wife had died after the wedding. He said: "We were relaxing at home after the marriage at about 7 pm on Sunday, March 30, 2019, when she went to buy sachet water and she had hardly left for five minutes when I heard her screaming for help."
READ ALSO: 50 hospitalised after eating cow bitten by snake in South Africa
“I dashed down and she told me that a snake just bit her, I took her to the hospital that night and I tied the leg as someone instructed me. When we got t to the hospital, after paying N1,000 to register, the doctor was not around. The nurse who was on duty had to call the doctor before he came and when he eventually arrived, they were looking at her as if her life was not important.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
“The [substance] he (the doctor) prescribed for me I went to buy it and when I came back, he insisted I should go back and get the dosage of the drug, and my wife was lying there without being attended to. When I returned, they tightened the rope I use in tying the leg so that the venom will not spread and right thereafter administering the anti-venom drug, she still died.
“My wife died on the day I took her to the altar. They left her for too long without attending to her. It was a case of neglect. If they had acted quickly she would not have died. She died leaving five kids for me. How do I go on?”
The chief medical director of the hospital Dr John Akwara has denied this allegation on behalf of the hospital. According to him, there was very little the doctor could do at the point she was taken to the hospital.
In making this clear, he said: “Snake venoms kill within minutes, the doctor who treated her is a certified medical doctor with over 10 years in service. Snakebite is a snake bite anywhere, five minutes you are gone.
“We even gave her oxygen, which goes to show how far the damage has been done. Once venom has reached the heart, there is nothing anybody can do about it.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
Recently, a Nigerian woman took to sharing testimony of how she found a snake in her shop at the 'right time'.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
Nigerians are in a spiritual borehole| Legit TV