- President Muhammadu Buhari orders that all recovered assets be sold within the next six months
- Minister Udo Udoma discloses that the president issued the order to the finance ministry
- Udoma notes that the federal government is poised to improve the revenue profile of the country
The federal government is to commence the sale of all the assets recovered in the course of the battle against corruption by the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
This disclosure was made by the minister of budget and national planning, Senator Udo Udoma, who said the instruction from the president is that the assets should be sold within the next six months.
Vanguard reports that Udo Udoma said this when he met with the joint committees on finance, appropriation, planning and economic development of the House of Representatives during a budget defence.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda
According to the report, Udoma said President Muhammadu Buhari issued the directive to the finance ministry headed by Zainab Ahmed.
The minister said the government was determined to improve on the revenue profile of the country.
“The ministry of finance, working with all the relevant authorities, has been authorized to take action to liquidate all recovered, unencumbered assets within six months,” he said adding that the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) had been directed to complete the collection of oil licences and royalties with three months.
“The Department of Petroleum Resources has been directed to, within three months, complete the collection of past-due oil license and royalty charges, including those due from Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) (a subsidiary of NNPC), which it had agreed to pay since 2017,” he was quoted as saying.
Also, Udoma told the joint committee that the president had directed that work be concluded on the deployment of the national trade window to enhance customs collections efficiency from the current 64% to up to 90% over the next few years.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf of a Federal Capital Territory (FCT) high court on Tuesday, April 2 fixed Monday, April 29, for trial to begin for former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and Ambassador Bashir Yuguda in the alleged misappropriation of N19.4 billion arms funds.
Charged along with Yuguda and Dasukigate are a former governor of Sokoto state, Attahiru Bafarawa, his son, Sagir and his company Dalhatu Investment Limited.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) charged them with 25 counts bordering on criminal breach of trust, misappropriation of public fund to the tune N19.4 billion.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Unemployed graduates are too many in my ghetto | Legit TV