Boko Haram reportedly sets Chibok village on fire

Boko Haram reportedly sets Chibok village on fire

- Boko Haram has reportedly attacked Chibok village

- The insurgents were said to have burnt houses in Gatamwarwa ward, Chibok, 3 days earlier

- It was gathered that a military source said the Nigerian Army's 117 battalion stationed in Chibok were getting set to move into Kaumutiyahi

Emerging report indicates that some suspected Boko Haram insurgents have again attacked a community in Chibok local government area of Borno state.

The Cable news reports that the attack came three days after the insurgents burnt houses in Gatamwarwa ward, Chibok.

Legit.ng gathered that a resident said the insurgents came in through Sambisa forest at about 7pm and they have been setting the village on fire.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

According to the online medium, a military source said the Nigerian Army's 117 battalion stationed in Chibok were getting set to move into Kaumutiyahi.

Kaumutiyahi is at least 13 kilometres away from Chibok.

“There is actually a company of Army about 6 kilometres from the village under attack, but they would need the support of the larger battalion,” the source was quoted to have said.

It was gathered that in December, the insurgents attacked Makalama, a village in Gatamawarwa ward. Bwalakia villagers were also attacked three days after the Makalama attack, burning houses and leaving villagers stranded.

“They looted and burnt everything we have. We don’t have what to eat and we don’t have where to sleep,” one of the victims said.

In November, Abubakar Elkanemi, Shehu of Borno, had said the people of the state were still under Boko Haram siege.

The Cable said the Army spokesman, Sagir Musa, had not responded to a message seeking information on the recent attack as at the time of filing the report.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Ahmad Sajoh, the Adamawa commissioner for information and strategy, on Monday, March 18, confirmed to newsmen that an attacked on Michika local government area of the state was carried out by some suspected Boko Haram insurgents.

READ ALSO: 2019 recruitment: Nigerian Navy reveals new date for aptitude test

It was gathered that a former local council chairman of the town who spoke on condition of anonymity said that he went into hiding in the mountains for safety when the tragedy ensued, although the police was yet to confirm the development.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel