The 2019 State House of Assembly election was a tough battle in various states with Sokoto state not left out.
For the Sokoto 9th Assembly, out of 30 seats that were contested for, the All Progressives Congress secured 16 while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has 14 seats.
Daily Trust reports that, for the existing members of the 8th Assembly, there are 19 PDP members, of whom 10 lost their seats, one lawmaker - Speaker Salihu Maidaji who represents Gada east constituency - did not contest and eight returned.
Maidaji had gunned for the Sokoto east senatorial contest but lost to the incumbent Senator Ibrahim Gobir of APC.
Also, 11 members of the APC who are in the 8th Assembly had six members who returned while fiver others lost their seats.
Below is a full list of the newly elected members of the Sokoto state House of Assembly:
1. Aminu Magaji APC - Dange/Shuni
2. Mustapha Abdullahi APC - Sokoto south 1
3. Malami Ahmed PDP- Sokoto south II
4. Suke Romo PDP- Tambuwal west
5. Mode Ladan PDP Tambuwal east
6. Musa Miko PDP- Tangaza
7. Murtala Maigona APC- Wamakko
8. Aminu Achida APC-Wurno
9. Shehu Yabo APC- Yabo
10. Haliru Buhari PDP- Sokoto north 1
11. Ibrahim Arzika PDP- Sokoto north II
12. Abdullahi Randa PDP- Tureta
13. Umaru Sahabi PDP- Binji
14. Abubakar Magaji PDP- Bodinga north
15. Bala Tukur APC- Bodinga south
16. Altine Kyadawa APC- Gada west
17. Kabiru Dauda APC- Bada east
18. Mustapha Balle PDP- Gudu
19. Bello Idris APC- Gwadabawa south
20. Abdullahi Garba APC- Gwadabawa north
21. Bello Ambarura APC- Illela
22. Habibu Modachi PDP- Isa
23. Abdullahi Mahmud PDP- Kware
24. Abdullahi Zakari APC- Rabah
25. Almustapha Aminu PDP- Sabon Birni north
26. Saidu Ibrahim APC- Sabon Birni south
27. Alhaji Maidawa APC- Shagari
28. Atiku Liman PDP- Silame
29. Isa Harisu APC- Kebbe
30. Faruku Amadu APC- Goronyo
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto has disclosed that the 2019 election taught him a lot of lessons.
He made the disclosure when he received members of the State Executive Council and senior assistants.
Legit.ng gathers that the newly re-elected governor pledged to use the experience accordingly.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
2019 Elections: Do you still trust INEC to conduct fair elections? - on Legit TV