- Eden Hazard has been widely linked with a move to Real Madrid next season
- It was reported he has agreed a deal to join the La Liga giants in the summer
- The Belgian international has now come out to refute the speculation
Eden Hazard has dismissed media reports suggesting he has agreed a deal to join Real Madrid in the summer from Chelsea.
Spanish media outlets reported on Friday, March 22, that the Chelsea star had agreed in principle a five-year-deal to join Madrid in the summer.
Hazard has widely been linked with a move to Santiago Bernabeu even as his future with the Blues continue to rumble on.
However, the Belgian has now come out to debunk reports linking him to Spain, insisting "there's nothing in the reports."
"There’s nothing in the reports. I’m only focused on tomorrow’s (Sunday, March 24) game against Cyprus. That’s all I’m thinking about," he said when asked whether a deal was in place for him to join Real.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Chelsea are said to be keen to have Hazard commit his future at Stamford Bridge, offering him a new contract that would see the playmaker become the club's best-paid player.
But the 28-year-old is understood to be non-committal to the deal amid desire to play for Real Madrid before he retires.
His current deal with the Blues will expire in 2020, with the upcoming transfer widow presenting the club a realistic chance to cash on the winger.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Eden Hazard has reportedly agreed a five-year contract with Spanish giants Real Madrid worth £270,000-per-week, Spanish media reports.
Zinedine Zidane's return to the Santiago Bernabeu has made Hazard Real's prime target for next summer.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better.
Nigeria not among top 3 favorites to win AFCON 2019 – Gernot Rohr| Legit TV