I will deal with any officer who absconds from his duty post - Governor Shettima warns

I will deal with any officer who absconds from his duty post - Governor Shettima warns

- Governor Kashim Shettima has said that he would deal with officers who abscond from their places of works

- The governor said he would handover the leadership of the state to the governor-elect, Babagana Zulum, on a clean state

- Shettima, however, noted that his administration would introduce a daily digital bio-metric capture of workers

Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has said he would deal with any local government worker, especially those in the health and education profession who are fond of absconding from their duty base.

Legit.ng regional reporter in Borno, Ndahi Inusa, reports that the governor who said on Friday, March 21, that he is ready to hand over the leadership of the state to the governor-elect, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum on a clean slate, vowed that his administration would introduce a daily digital bio-metric capture of workers to ensure that each worker put his fingerprint on the digital bio-metric capture machines to register his/her presence at work place.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

He stated this when he paid a sympathy visit to people of Gajiram, the headquarters of Nganzai local government area over the fire incident which claimed 7 lives, with property worth millions of naira razed down, including the only existing primary health care centre.

Shettima who was said to have become furious upon receiving an information that the director primary health care in charge of Gajiram was not in office at the time of the visit, said, his government would no longer tolerate negligence, ''since salaries and entitlements of workers are paid as and when due.''

He said: "We are here in Gajiram, my ancestral home to sympathise with victims of the fire incident that engulfed some parts of the town. We pray God (Allah) to grant eternal rest to the souls of those who lost their lives in the inferno.

"I have also directed for complete rehabilitation of the destroyed primary health care centre within two weeks. Government will also provide all the needed resources for temporary healthcare delivery service in this facility, as it is the only facility taking care of the health needs of our people.

"Government will also deploy firefighting operational vehicles to Gajiram for any emergency or fire outbreak.

"In the next two weeks we are coming back here to commission our mega school, 500 housing units, general hospital, the burnt PHC and other projects executed by the present administration in Gajiram.

''For those who do not stay at their duty post, government will introduce a digital attendance register for all workers,and anyone found guilty will be dealt with according to law."

The chairperson of Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Hajiya Yabawa Kolo, told the governor that a total of 1500 households were affected by the incident, stressing that her agency in collaboration with National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and Presidential Committee on North East Initiatives (PCNI) donated relief items such as assorted bags of massavita, rice, sugar, blankets, children wears among others to cushion immediate hardship of the victims.

Senator Representing Borno north, Abubakar Kyari, donated the sum of N4 million to the victims, a member representing Monguno, Nganzai and Marge federal constituency, Mohammed Tahir Monguno also donated the sum of N3 million, while member Borno state House of Assembly, Nganzai constituency donated the sum of N2 million.

READ ALSO: Osun election tribunal: Adeleke's victory is well deserved - Legal practitioner

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following the incident of gun attack on his convoy by men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists on Wednesday, February 13, Borno state governor, Ibrahim Shettima, opened up on his ordeal and successful escape from the ambush of the Islamists.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better

INEC announces Buhari as 2019 election winner, Nigerians react | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel