- The Coalition for Good Governance and Change Initiative has alleged that Governor Nyesom Wike is planning to hit the streets of Abuja with some protesters over the outcome of elections in Rivers state
- The coalition said the governor also plans to overthrow the government of President Muhammadu Buhari
- According to the coalition, Governor Wike has strategised with foreign-trained mercenaries to shut down Abuja
A coalition has alleged that the Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike plans to overthrow the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Coalition for Good Governance and Change Initiative at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday, March 14, said Governor Wike has strategised with foreign-trained mercenaries to shut down Abuja, stretching to other parts of Nigeria - in the guise protests.
The national coordinator of the coalition, Okpokwu Ogenyi, while speaking at the press conference alleged that the exercise would be portrayed as a backlash against the outcome of the election in Rivers.
Ogenyi however advised the governor to be brave and accept rejection by his own people rather than embark on a self-destructive mission.
He said: "What we uncovered is a plan by the Rivers state governor, Mr Nyesom Wike to overwhelm and shut down Abuja with violent protests. The protesters would reportedly claim their actions are in response to the outcome of the election in Rivers state."
"The protests in Abuja will be used as a cover to infiltrate the nation’s capital with militants, some of who have trained as terrorists abroad.
“The intention is for these militants to blend with the population in Abuja and start planting bombs and attacking residents in terror attacks.
"There are a series of threats from the online units of these militants that prove this aspect of the plan. Should the Abuja leg of the protest succeed, other cities will become victims of the violence, bombings, arson and looting that are the agreed modus operandi of the protests, which is meant to anger other citizens and provoke law enforcement agencies to deploy corresponding force in restoring normalcy," Ogenyi said.
He added that the services of foreign news channels have also been contracted to report on the paid protests.
"These paid protesters will be accusing President Muhammadu Buhari of deploying the military to intimidate voters during the elections.
“We challenge Wike to be bold enough and come out into the open to challenge President Buhari since he is not brave enough to state his intentions.
He should stop beating around the bush. We further challenge him to be man enough to face and accept his rejection by the people of Rivers State.
If he were as popular among the people of his state as he claims they he should have garnered votes that give him outright win at the polls with the kind of percentage difference President Buhari won over his closest rival," Ogenyi added.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a former governor of Anambra state and the vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has condemned the suspension of elections in various states across Nigeria.
PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update
Obi also urged the international community to show more than a passing interest in a “contrived stalemate in the elections affecting Rivers and five other states”.
In a statement released by his media aide on Tuesday, March 12, the former governor kicked against the alleged role of the military in the election.
He also queried the alleged forceful relocation of collation centres to a military formation, as well as the refusal of the military to allow journalists and local and foreign observers access to the collation process.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
2019 Election: Nigerians react to Saraki's loss as INEC releases more results | Legit TV